Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Los Angeles holidays 2011: City of Angels
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Los Angeles holidays 2011: City of Angels

Los Angeles is a city that quite surprisingly can yield divided opinions. Some of its iconography is unmistakeable, some of its neighbourhoods even more so.

From the famous Hollywood sign' to the streets of Beverly Hills (who can forget that collection of *hilarious* films with Eddie Murphy) and the beaches of Santa Monica, Los Angeles is well worth a visit.

From Rodeo Drive (where they filmed Pretty Woman) to the Sunset Strip (and the seedy effervessence of Sunset Boulevard), there's just so much to see and do in this thrilling city. There's the Hollywood Bowl, famous venue for The Beatles and Monty Python, not to mention the Hollywood Walk of Fame that pays homage to some of greatest stars of stage and screen.

Film boffins can lap up King Kong 360 the world's largest 3D experience at Universal Studios or continue the film loving with a trip to the Chinese Kodak Theatre home of the Oscars.

There's huge sporting interest with the LA Lakers basketball team (I remember Chevy Chase wearing the dirty old t-shirt in Fletch) and the Los Angeles Kings ice hockey team. Both play their home fixtures at the Staples Center (excuse the American spelling) which is right in the heart of the city and well worth day tripping to, purely for the atmosphere! And I haven't even mentioned David Beckham's LA Galaxy who play their home games in Carson.

You can even take a trip to Disneyland in Anaheim, California which is around 40 miles away from the main hub of LA.

In terms of accommodation, LA has it all. But I can't help but mention this one, as any hotel that openly quotes Bob Dylan on its website is ok by me.

I'm referring to the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, owned by the Thompson Hotels. This is a hotel that uses various differing forms of art to publicise itself. It's pretty cool and funky, as is The Standard Hotel with its eclectic rooftop pool by night.

Browse our full list of Los Angeles hotels, you could even hire a car and twin your trip with somewhere like San Francisco.
Unforgettable India - Beach Resorts Luxury tour in India Mesmerizing tour package Varied India - Rajasthan, Kerala and Adventure tours London Cheap Apartments: A Dream Come True The Summer Time When the Weather is Fine Visit The Famous Landmarks Of Central London How To Plan A Trip To The Big Apple Where to stay on your holiday in Devon Sightseeing Tour To Giza Pyramids and Egyptian Museum From El Sokhna Port Cairo and Giza Overnight Sightseeing Trip From Ein El sokhna Port Having fun with London call girls Overview on San Francisco Tours
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.30.253) New York / New York City Processed in 0.011365 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2194, 954,
Los Angeles holidays 2011: City of Angels New York City