Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » London Awaits, Here Are The Best Things To Do When You Visit
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

London Awaits, Here Are The Best Things To Do When You Visit

London Awaits, Here Are The Best Things To Do When You Visit

As an American who has traveled to London many times

, I believe I have a good feel for the city. I experienced it all, and there is something so breathtakingly beautiful about it; the brisk feel, the architecture that is centuries old. I loved the fish and chips I could get at every corner, every pub had a history, people were so polite (cheerio!) and I actually had good food. (By the way, non-Americans, I never want to hear you complain about McDonalds again- everyone of their restaurants I have been to outside the US has always been packed with hungry locals.)

Here is a quick list if my favorite things to do in London-

* Churchill War Museum

* What To EatLondon Awaits, Here Are The Best Things To Do When You Visit

* London Eye

* Go To The Parks And Ride A Bus

* Look To The Right In The Street, Americans- That's Where The Cars And Buses Are Coming From

For me, the premiere attraction in London was the Churchill War Museum. It was a place that really made me bond with the British as an American. Walking through the halls of the place that Churchill and the British ran the war from, seeing everything that was used; the communications equipment, furniture, art and the documents- it was all fascinating. A note to British people- I know we have had our differences in the past, but we really do love you.

Restaurants in the UK can be a bit spotty- the ethnic ones are fantastic if they come from the east, but cuisine from the Americas is very hard to find. Especially Mexican. It has been my experience that I should never order Mexican food east of Colorado. Street food and pub grub? That is the best part of the UK eating experience- the street food is strictly regulated, so you won't get dysentery. The pub grub is comfort food. The fry-up breakfast is one of my favorites in the world.

The London Eye is one attraction that can not be missed. It is literally a huge bicycle wheel with climate controlled capsules that allow one to see spectacular views of London. At 135 meters (443') it is one of tallest structures in the area. Passengers are free to walk about the cabins and there are seats available- you will snap your best pictures of London by riding this enormous ferris wheel.

One cannot go to London and not have their picture taken in front of Big Ben. Nor not experience the free speakers at Hyde Park. That double-decker open top bus may seem as though it would be hacky and touristy, but it is a great way to familiarize one's self with the city. Go to St. James Park and let the pigeons land on you, just like in Mary Poppins. Sure, you might get some pigeon droppings on you, but it will be a brilliant photo opportunity.

I fell in love with London by speaking to the people- that is what travel is all about. Don't insulate yourself and expect that a culture will accommodate your comforts while you visit them. If you treat travel with the right attitude, great friends will be made. Another note for Americans- the Europeans can spot you from a far distance by the clothes you wear. Loud and unkempt. They really don't like it.

by: Taylor Martinerin
Complete Your Holiday Trip by Visiting Manali Golden triangle with Haridwar tour packages – Choose the Best Tour Package Italy Girls Can Offer You Relaxing Massages Favorite Things To Do When Visiting Phoenix Trips On Royal Caribbean Cruises Have Scores Of Combinations Get Hints On Adventurous Excursions And MEDICAL TOURISM AND ALTERNATIV TREATMENTS Festival Wellies...the Perfect Festival Footwear Choice Budget Perfect Yet Noteworthy Weekend Trip While In The Bay Area By Means Of Inexpensive Seat Price Hot Tips A Magical Getaway To Orlando Hot Destinations Orlando Airports Low-cost Flights Peak Season Orthodontist Washington DC Is It Possible to Treat Plaque? This Year's Tourist Details To Experience Oceana Deals, Ships And Places To Spend On Your Holiday Travel Discounts Getaways Great Coffe Destinations Near The City Center Foremost Art Museums In The Things To Look For When Looking Into Buying French Property
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.16.229) New York / New York City Processed in 0.012764 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3181, 954,
London Awaits, Here Are The Best Things To Do When You Visit New York City