Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Let Pete Rose Into The Hall Of Fame
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Let Pete Rose Into The Hall Of Fame

There has been a lot of talk and controversy lately about Bud Selig considering lifting Pete Rose's ban from Baseball

. Now, here is my take.

Rose was exiled from baseball after being caught gambling on games involving a team he managed about 20 years ago. While he violated a code of conduct, this has nothing to do with anything done while he was a professional baseball player.

All of his 4200+ hits came before this happened, and there's no evidence (nor are there any accusations) that he gambled on baseball as a pro ball player. To exile him as they did was really taking things too far in my opinion.

This argument especially carries weight when you look at what's going on in the baseball world today. Look at all of the steroids busts! Bonds, Rodriguez, Ortiz, Ramirez, McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro...the list goes on and on. All of these players busted for PEDs and we're worrying about gambling by a player after his career? Rose's accomplishment was pure, no one doubts that.

Selig lifting the ban shouldn't give Rose automatic inclusion, but I'm relatively sure that the Hall of Fame panelists all agree about the fact that Rose belongs. The all-time hits leader, for crying out loud! Bud Selig may very well lift the ban, but Selig's actions are unpredictable so there's no telling as to what may come from his review.

He's had to wait it out for 20 years, and has been anything but shy about the fact that he regrets what he did. That's more than you can say about some of these steroids freaks. Pete's time is now, and with momentum on his side, I think he'll find his way in.

by: Sam Canale
Choosing A Small Wedding Location How to Destroy the Online Competition Use Electric Dog Fence To End Dog Digging. Communicating With Your Autistic Child Tips To Help Train Your Dog How to Prepare for a Argentina Vacation by:Daniel Assad Sharm El Sheikh Holidays: Romantic Christmas Locations Wholesaledeals.co.uk Scam-wishful Thinking By Competitors Look Online For Hawaii Luxury Lodging In Order To Organize A Relaxing Escape This Summer Graphic Designers Provide Eye-catching Appeal What Are Some Popular Treatments for Panic Attacks? The Basenji: The Dog That Doesn't Bark Rockville Veterinarian - Should I Buy Pet Insurance?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.238.20) / Processed in 0.011510 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 1731, 969,