Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Legacy of the Divine Tarot - a review of Ciro Marchetti's deck
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Legacy of the Divine Tarot - a review of Ciro Marchetti's deck

The Legacy of the Divine Tarot is the latest creation from the talented Ciro Marchetti, author of the highly acclaimed Gilded Tarot and Tarot of Dreams.

Having the Gilded Tarot already for a number of years, I was intrigued to check out this latest tarot deck and although it's been published for over a year, I've stuck faithfully to my Gilded cards - until now!

This deck draws some of its symbolism from the traditional Rider Waite cards but the images are a world away from the somewhat staid and dated RW cards. The artwork is digital but don't let that put you off - the colours and images are stunning and there's a fluidity to the imagery, together with a life-like quality to each of the cards.

The companion book "Gateway to the Divine Tarot" relates a fictional story of a world lost and found (perhaps based on Atlantis?) and the Legacy deck is based around this story.

Each card is described in detail in the book, by Ciro himself and also contributors Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone, James Ricklef and Leisa ReFalo, all tarot experts in their own right. They offer insights to each card, together with appropriate keywords and also a profound quote for each card in the deck, which helps tie up the meanings of the cards.

The colours and artwork are simply stunning, quite simply the most beautiful I've seen to date. I've checked out literally hundreds of decks over the years in an effort to find my "ultimate deck" with no luck - the closest being the Gilded Tarot. Now I'm the proud owner of the Legacy deck and am happily working with this on a daily basis, getting to know these cards more intimately.

Each card is surrounded by a black border which fades beautifully into the image and doesn't distract from the images. The cardstock has a smooth, matt finish and although some tarot readers have commented that they think the cards are too flimsy, I've personally no complaints. The cards are no thinner than any other deck I own and they shuffle smoothly and easily.

The reverse of the cards show an intricate design on a green background which also features the same black fade-out border.

The numbering system on the cards uses standard numbers for the Minor Arcana and Roman numerals for the Majors. The name of each card is centred inside the border and the number is placed on the bottom centre.

Another lovely touch that Ciro has added is the astrological correspondence on each card,which adds a further layer for your interpretation when doing readings. For example, on the Death card, you'll find a scorpion,which relates to Scorpio and also a glyph for Pluto, which rules Scorpio. The Hermit wears the symbol of Virgo around his neck; the Chariot displays the sign of Cancer on the chariot itself. I'm not into the astrological aspect of card readings but for those who are interested, this extra element adds deeper meanings to the cards.

In a break from the usual Rider-Waite portrayals, Ciro has again renamed the Hierophant card "Faith", as he has in his "Tarot of Dreams", which depicts figures representing four of the world's major religions. I believe this encompasses people's belief systems far better than the traditional image of a Christian leader which has been the norm for the majority of Rider-Waite based decks.

Knight of Coins

Court Cards

Unlike any other deck I've seen, Ciro's court cards are unique. He's stepped away from the traditional imagery and in the "Legacy" deck, each of the court characters looks straight at you, allowing you to connect with them on a deeper level.

The Knights in the deck are also unique; they're depicted by just a single helmet and a background. There's no body, allowing you to find a fresh perspective behind the mask at every reading.

Deck Summary

Creator: Ciro Marchetti

Card Size: 3.5 x 5.5 inches

Number of cards: 78

Published by: LlewellynSuits: Wands, Coins, Swords, CupsCourt Cards: Page, Knight, Queen, KingMajor Arcana Titles: The Fool, Magician, High Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Faith, The Lovers, The Chariot, Strength, The Hermit, The Wheel, Justice, The Hanging Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, The Tower, The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Judgement, The WorldThe boxed set comes with the 295 page companion book "Gateway to the Divine Tarot", together with a black organza drawstring bag to keep your cards safe.Who's this deck suitable for?I'd happily recommend this tarot deck to anyone who's interested in either learning tarot or who's seeking a new deck. It's suitable for all readings and even if you've only just begun your tarot journey, you'll relate to these cards. If you're still seeking your ultimate deck (as I was) then this could be just what you've been waiting for .....The Legacy of the Divine Tarot is the latest creation from the talented Ciro Marchetti, author of the highly acclaimed Gilded Tarot and Tarot of Dreams.Having the Gilded Tarot already for a number of years, I was intrigued to check out this latest tarot deck and although it's been published for over a year, I've stuck faithfully to my Gilded cards - until now!This deck draws some of its symbolism from the traditional Rider Waite cards but the images are a world away from the somewhat staid and dated RW cards. The artwork is digital but don't let that put you off - the colours and images are stunning and there's a fluidity to the imagery, together with a life-like quality to each of the cards.The companion book "Gateway to the Divine Tarot" relates a fictional story of a world lost and found (perhaps based on Atlantis?) and the Legacy deck is based around this story.Each card is described in detail in the book, by Ciro himself and also contributors Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone, James Ricklef and Leisa ReFalo, all tarot experts in their own right. They offer insights to each card, together with appropriate keywords and also a profound quote for each card in the deck, which helps tie up the meanings of the cards.The colours and artwork are simply stunning, quite simply the most beautiful I've seen to date. I've checked out literally hundreds of decks over the years in an effort to find my "ultimate deck" with no luck - the closest being the Gilded Tarot. Now I'm the proud owner of the Legacy deck and am happily working with this on a daily basis, getting to know these cards more intimately.Each card is surrounded by a black border which fades beautifully into the image and doesn't distract from the images. The cardstock has a smooth, matt finish and although some tarot readers have commented that they think the cards are too flimsy, I've personally no complaints. The cards are no thinner than any other deck I own and they shuffle smoothly and easily.The reverse of the cards show an intricate design on a green background which also features the same black fade-out border.Box front for Legacy of the Divine TarotThe numbering system on the cards uses standard numbers for the Minor Arcana and Roman numerals for the Majors. The name of each card is centred inside the border and the number is placed on the bottom centre.Another lovely touch that Ciro has added is the astrological correspondence on each card,which adds a further layer for your interpretation when doing readings. For example, on the Death card, you'll find a scorpion,which relates to Scorpio and also a glyph for Pluto, which rules Scorpio. The Hermit wears the symbol of Virgo around his neck; the Chariot displays the sign of Cancer on the chariot itself. I'm not into the astrological aspect of card readings but for those who are interested, this extra element adds deeper meanings to the cards.In a break from the usual Rider-Waite portrayals, Ciro has again renamed the Hierophant card "Faith", as he has in his "Tarot of Dreams", which depicts figures representing four of the world's major religions. I believe this encompasses people's belief systems far better than the traditional image of a Christian leader which has been the norm for the majority of Rider-Waite based decks.Knight of CoinsCourt CardsUnlike any other deck I've seen, Ciro's court cards are unique. He's stepped away from the traditional imagery and in the "Legacy" deck, each of the court characters looks straight at you, allowing you to connect with them on a deeper level.The Knights in the deck are also unique; they're depicted by just a single helmet and a background. There's no body, allowing you to find a fresh perspective behind the mask at every reading.Deck SummaryCreator: Ciro MarchettiCard Size: 3.5 x 5.5 inchesNumber of cards: 78Published by: LlewellynSuits: Wands, Coins, Swords, CupsCourt Cards: Page, Knight, Queen, KingMajor Arcana Titles: The Fool, Magician, High Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Faith, The Lovers, The Chariot, Strength, The Hermit, The Wheel, Justice, The Hanging Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, The Tower, The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Judgement, The WorldThe boxed set comes with the 295 page companion book "Gateway to the Divine Tarot", together with a black organza drawstring bag to keep your cards safe.Some of my favourite cards from The Legacy of the Divine TarotWho's this deck suitable for?I'd happily recommend this tarot deck to anyone who's interested in either learning tarot or who's seeking a new deck. It's suitable for all readings and even if you've only just begun your tarot journey, you'll relate to these cards. If you're still seeking your ultimate deck (as I was) then this could be just what you've been waiting for ..... http://www.articlesbase.com/tarot-articles/legacy-of-the-divine-tarot-a-review-of-ciro-marchettis-deck-4317354.html
Online Dating Tips - How To Find The Right Site Part 3 Stylish Ideas For Brochure Printing Online Sarasota Sprinkler Repair - What is 0 Coverage? How I Started Earning Money Online? True Story. Paying Your Loan Off Early How Can I Pay Long-term Disability Bills Without Proper Insurance Coverage? Watch Jersey Shore Season 3 Episode 9 ONLINE FREE Where To Find Excellent Professional Photographers Regarding Wedding Party? Diet Pills For A Quick Weight Loss Federal Income Tax Withheld- Free Helpful Article Federal Income Tax Withheld Getting an Online MBA Degree Choose The Right Wedding Venue How to Attract Women - 3 Tips on How to Get Women to Not Just Notice You But Want You As Well
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.184.90) / Processed in 0.007674 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 40 , 10107, 975,