Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Learn to Play Online Poker Guide to When You Should Fold a Strong Set
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Learn to Play Online Poker Guide to When You Should Fold a Strong Set

The other day I was having a fun free poker site Sit and Go game when my belief in the strength of sets was severely shaken. If you're not sure what I mean by set then it's simple, it's a hand made of a pocket pair plus a board card of the same rank, for example, you get pocket 6's (6-6) and the flop comes up 4-6-8

More so, it was a sharp free online poker lesson on maturity. I know now when a Sets power is diminished.

A Set is very powerful if, say, you have 5-5 and the flop comes A-10-5. At this point, against A-x (excepting A-10), you will be a 99-1 favorite, and if the other player happened to have A-K or A-Q, you will see all the trouble he will have later when he moves all-in or calls your all-in.

But at this Sit-and-Go, with six players (blinds 10-20, average stack 1500), I was first to act. I had 4c-4s. I raised to 50. The button called, as well as the blinds.

The flop came 4h-6h-7d. Small blind checked; before me, big blind bet 200.

I said to myself, "How could he place such a big old bet (pot-sized)?". Those players in previous hands always play any hand that drops on their computer screens. They may have A-6 or A-7, but also 8-7 or even 8-5. Or any two Hearts. They never know when to fold or not. And you don't know when your made Two-Pair will be crushed.

So I figured that the power of my Set was gravely reduced, so I just called in the hope that the Board would pair during the Turn, but the main reason is because there are were dangerous cards that can fall.

A Three, a Five or an Eight will render my Set unplayable, unless everyone checks; a Heart will jeopardize my chances.

Usually, I am inclined to move all-in with a Set, but there might be a stray Five. They are willing to call all-ins, even with draws. Even with gutshot draws. They do it all day.

And I can't banish them out of a draw by power-play. What if all of them call?

The turn came 3d. There are two Flush draws on the Board and one to a Straight.

Small blind checks; the Big Blind moved all-in (he had 1400 chips, I had 1200).

On already a pot of 2200, although I am getting 2-to-1 on a call all-in (or possibly 3-to-1 or 4-to-1 if the two others call), I folded. The Button called; Small Blind folded.

They showed the hands I guessed they had: an Ad-5c, and Qh-Jh. Either way, I will be smothered if I called too; the chance of the Board pairing is just 25% (10 out of 40) and I would be getting only 3-to-1. Not only I escaped devastating math; I also escaped the onslaught of made hands and big draws.

The point of this is: If a good hand doesn't stay good, then it's no longer good. Its goodness is just a memory, and if you pursue the beaten path your chips will soon turn into a memory as well. Try it out of free poker sites and see how yoo go before risking real cash.
Learn to Play Online Poker and Win All In or Fold Poker Tournaments Pellet Systems International: How To Effectively Buy Wood Pellets Online If you want the best value parcel delivery services then go online When you want choice, go online to satisfy your parcel delivery needs Superb LCD and LED TV Deals Available Online Panama Real State Expenditure and Trader Security in Panama Playing landbased and online Keno: Tips and Strategies Spain vs Switzerlands live streaming online Soccer tv World Cup 2010 on pc Illinois Criminal Records Search | Illinois Arrest Records Available Online Free People Search Online Forex Signals by Online forex trading strategy Free Debt Relief Counseling - You Should Never Pay For Advice! Find Free Debt Help Online Forex Morning Trade System - Make A Living Trading Forex With 10 Minutes A Day
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.129.218.144) / Processed in 0.013111 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3051, 973,