Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Learn Ninjutsu - How Well Do You Know Your Fists?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Learn Ninjutsu - How Well Do You Know Your Fists?

Learn Ninjutsu - How Well Do You Know Your Fists?

What makes up a solid, sound, and strategic defense

? Have you ever thought about that?

Well, what I want to talk about in today's lesson is going beyond the basics and yet understanding the basics more deeply than merely what appears on the surface. What I mean by that is that you're ability, and capability, to handle a dangerous situation like a true master ninja, is grounded in how you see your basics - the things that everyone seems to take for granted.

To most, a punch is just a punch. And, a fist is just a fist.

You ball up your hand - haul off - and nail the guy. Right?Learn Ninjutsu - How Well Do You Know Your Fists?

Well, that's the plan. But, let me ask you a question.

What is the optimal striking surface on your fist?

Sounds simple, I know. But, your ability to inflict the most damage with the least amount of effort on your part (Ninja strategy and philosophy 101), is key to living the Ninja's ability to...

"Always have the right technique."

While my question seems to have a simple answer... it doesn't. And, that's because, to answer it, you have to understand that every fist has "multiple striking surfaces!" That means that there is more than one way to strike with any given fist - therefore, there is more than one "optimal striking surface."

To illustrate the point, let's look at the Ninja's fudo-ken - "immovable (or clenched) fist."

This "basic" fist actually has the following striking surfaces, and each can be used against different targets on your attacker's body:

1) Fore-knuckles - Because of the contour of the hand, these can actually be divided further into the knuckles of the index and middle fingers, and the knuckles of the middle, ring, and little fingers. These are, of course, the primary striking weapons for engaging a target with the fist moving straight out from your body. They're the knuckles that everyone is familiar with, and provide a much greater damage potential then using the entire surface of the fingers.

2) Back-knuckles - The knuckles of the back of the hand can be used to club incoming limbs - a much better strategy than trying to block. Many are familiar with the back-knuckle strike, but few understand the benefit of being able to stab or pop these knuckles into the smaller bones and muscles on the attacker's body.

3) Outside ("Hammer") edge of hand - The base of the fist - the part that the pommel of a knife would protrude from - is perfect for "hammering" and slamming strikes to broad surfaces of the attacker's body. However, you should avoid the common tendency to limit yourself to vertical, dropping strikes, as if hammering in a nail. This weapon can be sent out laterally (sideways), or in any direction that the arm can naturally swing.

4) Middle knuckles - These are what I call the "door-knocking knuckles." By shifting the thumb slightly to avoid injuring it, you are able to "knock" on the smaller bones or narrow bone edges of the attacker's hands, forearms, lower legs, and skull.

By having an expanded view and perspective on this simple fist, you open up more options for yourself, and become more unpredictable to your opponent.

by: Jeffrey Miller
Teenage Car Insurance - What is the cheapest Insurance For Teenagers? Cheap Auto Insurance - What is the Right Type of Cover For Your Car? Private Cloud Vs. Public Cloud: Are We Really Just Hybrid? Forestry Trucks: Not Just for Picking Cherries Powerful Crane Trucks Look For The Best Small Pickup Trucks For Sale Taking Into Account Your Own Terms And Conditions Auto Tweet Empire Review-Does Auto Tweet Empire Softwear Deliver? Quick Guide to Auto Insurance Comparison Cheap Affordable Car Insurance In Usa Automobile Technology- Automobile Companies And Automobile India Low-cost Auto Insurance - How to Locate It Motor Fleet Insurance Company Recommend Partnerships With The Fuelcard People Life Cycle of a Used Forklift Trucks
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.126.11) New York / New York City Processed in 0.013141 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 3315, 952,
Learn Ninjutsu - How Well Do You Know Your Fists? New York City