Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Learn Ninjutsu - A Moral And Ethical Dilemma For Those Learning Martial Arts And Self-defense
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Learn Ninjutsu - A Moral And Ethical Dilemma For Those Learning Martial Arts And Self-defense

Learn Ninjutsu - A Moral And Ethical Dilemma For Those Learning Martial Arts And Self-defense

Are you serious about learning Ninjutsu, other martial arts

, or just some basic self defense techniques to be more safe in the world? Are you committed to the goal of learning to protect yourself?

If so, the truth is that, your intentions might not always be understood by others who do not share your concern or insight. In fact, some of the people - including friends and family - that you talk to about your training, might actually be totally against it!

In this article, I want to share with you a question that I've heard countless times from strangers, friends and family, alike. This question shows, not just the limited perspective that many have on the concept of self-defense, mastery, and warriorship, but it also demonstrates an example of just one of those things that others can throw at us that might make us reconsider our motivations and actions.

I can't tell you how often I've had someone approach me with the question, "why do you want to learn to fight?" or, "why do you want to be a fighter?"Learn Ninjutsu - A Moral And Ethical Dilemma For Those Learning Martial Arts And Self-defense

And, although I've addressed this topic countless times in my Ninja Training Camps, other self-defense seminars, and regular, ongoing classes at my academy, I wanted to make sure that I included it in this series of articles as well.

The truth is that... I don't want to fight. I don't want, and never set out to be... a fighter.

And, although I get tons of email from people who have the fighter mindset, asking me what I'd do to beat this or that type of fighter, in this or that type of competition, that's not what I'm all about in the least.

However, I can see how others with a limited perspective or a misunderstanding of the difference between fighting and self-defense might ask questions like these.

But, there IS a difference.

The way I see it, in a fight there are two or more willing combatants, all trying to win and be "right." Each has chosen to be there and to use whatever means necessary for "winning." And, while a self-defense situation may, at first glance, look exactly like a fight...

...there is a huge and very significant difference.

The difference is that, while there is still one or more willing combatants trying to accomplish a goal in a self-defense situation, that's where the similarity ends. Because in a self-defense situation, contrary to a fight situation, those "willing" combatants...

... are on the SAME side!Learn Ninjutsu - A Moral And Ethical Dilemma For Those Learning Martial Arts And Self-defense

In a self-defense encounter, at least one of the combatants is neither a willing participant, nor is he or she trying to be "right." They are though, trying to get OUT of the situation.

To a Ninja - a practitioner of Ninjutsu - to a true warrior who understands the real nature of conflict and warfare, fighting is always a last means of resolving anything. To someone seeking to be safe and secure in the world, using the techniques, tactics, and strategies OF fighters is a last option to doing just that - escaping from a dangerous situation and being safe.

So, as you can see, there IS a very real and very important difference between fighting and self-defense. As for me, the focus in my programs is always from the perspective of self-protection. I do not train fighters - people who voluntarily engage in tournaments and other childish contests to see who is "bigger," "better," or "tougher" than everybody else.

by: Jeffrey Miller
Are You Looking For Cheap Car Insurance in Florida? How to Find the Cheapest Auto Insurance Deal Car Rental Tips to Be Considered Before Finalizing The Deal Diesel Trucks- The Toughest And Reliable Trucks In Automotive Industry. Car Insurance And Driving Under The Influence Auto Insurance In New York How Automobile Change Your Daily Life Car Rental In Cambridge Is A Wise Choice Why You Should Use Auto Insurance Quotes Before Buying How To Find You Ideal Car Insurance Provider Dit-da Jow A Specialized Chinese Treatment For Injuries Easy Ways To Get Quotes For Cheap Auto Insurance Cheap car insurance in Michigan
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.140.108) New York / New York City Processed in 0.013683 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 3511, 952,
Learn Ninjutsu - A Moral And Ethical Dilemma For Those Learning Martial Arts And Self-defense New York City