Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » La Roux Looks Forward To Holiday Break
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

La Roux Looks Forward To Holiday Break

La Roux personality and singer Elly Jackson is looking forward to the upcoming holiday season

. Because, she said in a recent interview, she is looking forward to just being herself and putting her musical alter ego on the shelf for a bit.

In an interview with You magazine, the singer said: "I'm going to go far, far away, for three weeks with my family. And when I go away I'm going to try not to think about La Roux because it's become this thing where you meet up with your friends to have a normal evening and all you talk about is La Roux. I actually just want La Roux to f**k off!"

La Roux producer Ben Langmaid joined the singer during the interview, though he hardly ever speaks out about his part in the electro pop duo.

"People forget that it's a character," Jackson continued. "There's definitely stage La Roux look which is a lot more glam, a lot more shiny, a lot more big eyes, angular shapes, big jackets. I think it's important that people see the other side of me so they don't go, 'Aargh! She's this scary, androgynous performer.' People are scared of that now and they just go, 'Oh, she looks like a b***h.' I'm not!"La Roux Looks Forward To Holiday Break

The duo is preparing to go on a massive tour this winter, which begins in the UK and totters around the States before making its way back through Europe. La Roux will be performing in Southampton November 24 before taking the stage for two dates in London November 25 and 26.

Of the new tour, Jackson told the Nottingham Evening Post that she was most looking forward to "having a bigger stage setup. It's more for me to work with on stage and it just helps the performance. Constantly making it as much of a show as we can, from the outfits changing and all that kind of thing, you know, making it better. That's what I always get excited about."

Elly Jackson has not been well. At the beginning of the week the singer who, with her production partner Ben Langmaid, is better known as La Roux, cancelled everything including a YOU photo shoot and a performance on Later with Jools Hollan because her head was a fluey mush and her voice had gone.

When we reschedule a few days later, she arrives still a little croaky, in a hoodie and big John Lennon shades. When the glasses finally come off and the hood comes down, what is revealed is a girl who needs a cigarette, some sleep, and if-you-wouldn't-mind some sushi, but above all a girl who needs a holiday: 2009 has been a very long year for La Roux.

'I had my first gig in February and that feels like three years ago. I only came up with the name La Roux a year and a half ago. God!' she says, as if she simply has not had time to think about it until now, 'that is so weird!'

Weird it is: in that short time Elly Jackson has gone from complete unknown to cover star, with a number one single 'Bulletproof', an even more insanely catchy number two 'In For the Kill', a tour with Lily Allen and a Mercury Prize nomination.

by: Clive Wilson
Going On Cheap Majorca Holidays General Travel Guide: Holidays To Majorca Egypt Holiday Packages Offer Unique Vacation Experience Cabo Blanco Holidays - The Perfect Seaside Resort Bocas Del Toro Eco Travel Family Travel To Costa Rica Guided Tours: An Ideal Way To Travel In Luxury Luxury Tours To The Botswana Safari Luxury Travel To Soberania National Park Luxor Holiday - A Fine Place To Be India Holidays - Beautiful Places To Visit Your Options For Learning Cpr In Phoenix Enjoy The Holidays Even More By Saving
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.142.193) / Processed in 0.005867 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3151, 954,