Insurances.net
insurances.net » Global Economy » Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 9.7" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 9.7" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology

Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 3G Works Globally

, Graphite, 9.7" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology

This is an edit to my original review which I regretted immediately after posting because in fairness, I realized I didn't give the Kindle enough time to make a good review. After spending some more time using the *** Kindle ***, reading a couple books, and also trying the Nook Color, I have edited my review and am giving the Kindle a better rating with some comparisons to the iPad and Nook Color.

Category: Eye Strain

This is what supposedly makes or breaks a reader. With the Kindle DX I can read for hours inside, in the car, anywhere without eye strain. For someone that looks at a computer monitor 10 hours a day this is a huge deal. The iPad is not so bad, but it does cause some eye strain especially after reading longer sessions of more that an hour. The Nook Color caused me horrible eye strain after reading for short sessions less than an hour due to the tiny screen and glare it produced. After reading on an LCD screen for close to a year I was really impressed how pleasant on your eyes these Kindles are.

Category: Web Browsing

With the Kindle DX, web browsing is basically a last resort unless you are used to browsing with a really slow connection like dial-up or satellite. The web is black and white and formatting is more pda like. For browsing the Ipad is far the best. The Nook Color also seemed to display sites accurately but the screen is small.

Category: User Interface

The Kindle DX seemed like a step backwards with no touchscreen and looks and feels outdated. After getting used to it, it does work OK. The iPad navigation is much better and more intuitive. When using the Nook color I would constantly open links accidentally when trying to scroll vertically using the touch screen and didn't like it.

Category: Cost

At $379 the Kindle DX is really expensive and unless you are a hardcore reader or spend most of your time reading in direct sunlight, you may be better off getting the less expensive version, or spending about 100 more for an entry level iPad which enables you to surf the web, play games, check your email, etc. Not trying to discourage anyone as I have the Kindle DX and intend on keeping it but these are some valid concerns for the price.

Category: Text to Speech.

Far as I know only Kindle does this, however, it's not available on all books due to copyright issues.

Category: Weight and Size

Smaller is not better when it comes to size for these readers. The Kindle's size makes it easy to hold and read without constantly flipping pages. The Kindle also weighs less than both the iPad and Nook Color, which doesn't seem like a big deal but it is. I give the iPad a not so distant second place in this category because it's big enough to read easily, but is heavier. I don't recommend the Nook color because it's heavy AND small. Not comfortable to hold and you constantly need to flip pages.

Category: Reading Indoors/ Outdoors

One of the biggest advantages you'll hear praised on the Kindle and other e-ink readers is the ability to read in bright sunlight. OK... but why not also provide a light for reading in the dark? I can't speak for other people but most of my reading isn't done in the bright sunlight. If I'm at the beach the last thing I'm going to do is break out the Kindle. I read mostly indoors, or in bed at night, sometimes with the light off so I don't bother my wife when she is trying to sleep. With the *** Kindle DX *** you need to read with the light on or get a clip on type of attachment like you would for a regular book. With Ipad or Nook Color you don't need an attachment due to the built in backlight.
eFoods MLM – A Review of eFoods Global MLM DRY ICE SHIPPING Purchasing The Right Pool Table Global Economic Slowdown and Aviation Industry in India Global Internet Marketing The Wave Of The Future Findire Has A Global Selection Of Hallandale Homes and Doral Houses Global Sim Cards- Say Sayonara to Pile of Sim Cards! Getting Pharmaceuticals Ready For Shipping Shipping lanes Instructions to Purchasing a Watch Global Financial Community Accept Cfp As Global Certification Global Food and Beverage Canned Market 2010 to 2015 Advanced Phase Change Material (PCM) Market Global Forecast 2010 to 2015
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.104.196) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.005741 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 5353, 465,
Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 9.7" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology Amsterdam