Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Kids! How Do We Get Them To Eat?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Kids! How Do We Get Them To Eat?

Kids! How Do We Get Them To Eat?

Kids!

Who would have em eh. But now that weve got them, what do we do with them, especially when they wont eat anything you put down to them. We have all been through that at one time or another; some of us are still going through it!

This article is not about making sure that feeding your kids is the politically right way to do it - healthy diets, nutrition etc. It is simply about getting them to eat. So, how do we do it?

Sheila and I have two very adult sons. The eldest is a university lecturer in computers and the other is a Police Officer. However, 30 years ago they were little tearaways who would not eat a thing we put down to them. We could never produce a meal that all four of us could sit down to, eat and enjoy together. One would eat meat, but no vegetables. The other would eat vegetables, but no meat. Sheila and I were no problem. We knew what we liked and cooked accordingly. Because we both worked, and had different working hours we shared the tasks of preparing meals. As a prison Governor, I worked alternative weekends and was permanently on-call by radio pager whenever there was an emergency in the prison which was quite frequent. Kids! How Do We Get Them To Eat?

Sheila joined the service once the lads had left school and found their own way in life and set up their own families. They are now going through the same feeding problems that we had thirty years ago. We have three grandchildren and receive regular feedback on how they are coping with the same problems of what to feed the kids?' One memory that relates the problem quite vividly is when we took the youngest one to the hospital because he would not eat anything except for Heinz baked beans and sausages. Sheila kept threatening him that he would turn into a baked bean or a sausage if he kept on eating them. The doctors advice was quite simple and clear. "If he wants beans and sausages let him have them, he will soon tire of them and his diet will change". The doctors advice was correct. Within a couple of months, he sickened of beans and sausages and to this day, he cannot look at beans and sausages without feeling nauseous.

The disappearing Peppers

Earlier this year I had to return to the UK from Spain to attend my mothers funeral. The weather was so bad snow, ice and sub-zero temperatures, that the funeral had to be delayed for two weeks. I took the opportunity to head south and spend some valuable time with the grandchildren. One of my fondest memories was when I was preparing a meal for everybody. Two of the grandchildren were sitting at the table watching me prepare the meal. I was preparing a side salad of orange, yellow and red peppers. As I was slicing the peppers and placed them in a bowl, I sensed that there was something just not quite right. I was on to my fifth pepper and the bowl was not getting any fuller. I placed a mirror strategically and watched what was happening behind me. Each time I sliced a pepper and put it in the bowl, two little hands snaked out and grabbed a handful of peppers, which rapidly disappeared they loved raw peppers. This is great, I thought. Sweet Peppers contain vast amounts of vitamin C, which young bodies need for healthy growth and development.

While at my other sons house, little Sam was very particular about what she ate. Nothing seemed to please her. I dont like that! was a regular statement at mealtimes. However, she loved to walk around with a German sausage in her hand. This was very reminiscent of thirty years previous; her dad would run around the room in his baby-walker, chomping on a pork chop, or a handful of potato chips and a chocolate biscuit.

Feedback

I am sure that all of you out there have similar stories to relate. We would love you to share your experiences with us so we can pass on the information through our "Kids Food" page. Any interesting stories would be turned into new page written by you, and sharing your story with thousands of others experiencing similar problems with their kids. Just use the contact us sections on the site to submit your stories.

by: Bill Robinson M.I.Mgt
How Reading Can Benefit Your Child A childlike techniqueGuide to partner commerce 8 Effective Ways To Determine The Risk Factors Of Teen Substance Abuse Can Your Preferred Au Pair Agency Offer Early Childcare? No Child, How you Identify Infertility Cause When Children Learn Times Tables Well This Helps Develop Maths Confidence Learning to identify Behaviors of Difficult or Misbehaving Children Before Hand - Parenting with Preventative Measures The Various Aspects Of Kids' Bedding Christmas Advent Calendar For Children Revive Your Child's Imagination With A Walkie Talkie Set Is Your Child in Need of Online Tutoring? Five Signs To Look Out For Some Major Causes of Teenage Depression Eight Helpful Ways That Will Help Determine Risk Factors Among Teen Substance Abuse
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.43.17) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.007118 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 4169, 956,
Kids! How Do We Get Them To Eat? Tel Aviv