Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Kids Bedtime Reading Has Benefits!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Kids Bedtime Reading Has Benefits!

Kids Bedtime Reading Has Benefits!

As far back as I can remember I always read out loud to my child

. I loved tucking my son into bed at night and having that special time lying with him, talking and reading to him. He didn't always fall asleep as I was reading, but that didn't matter, I knew he soon would.

Kids like routine, and we had our bedtime routine. Routine especially centered around bedtime is important. Kids like to know what to expect, and as boring as a routine sounds, it certainly makes putting kids to bed a lot easier. Consistency is my motto when it comes to kids. We had a set bedtime, along with a routine of picking up toys, brushing teeth, and putting on pajamas. Always in that order. Once ready for bed, there were goodnight hugs and kisses for mom and dad.

After the hugs and kisses, came tuck in time, talk time, and story time with mom. As I mentioned before it was my favorite part of the night. After tuck in time, we had our special talk time. It was the time we just talked about whatever was on his mind, and it usually lasted about ten or fifteen minutes. Sometimes he just wanted to get right to the story. After that I would read a small story of his choice. It might be one that he had heard a million times before, or a new favorite. Story time would also be about ten to fifteen minutes. So once tucked in bed he would be awake another 15-30 minutes. This time varied, as he might fall asleep during the story.

I think it is important for each family to find their own special routine that incorporates reading to their child before bed. There are many benefits of reading to your child beyond the special bonding that takes place, your child will experience:

*Increased communication with parents

*Promote positive behavior

*Promotes social values

*Encourages positive attitudes

*Experience a sense of security from personal attention

*Gain a joy of reading

Routinely reading is a gift you can give your children and it is free! It is one of the easiest and useful ways to turn children into lifelong learners. Not only does reading to your children at bedtime give you precious one on one time, it will help them wind down from the hurried day, preparing them for a good night's sleep.

by: Donna Randol
Tucson Chiropractor – Warning: Is Your Child's Backpack Too Heavy? What Devices Are Best For Gps Tracking Of Children? I Can't Believe What My Child Is Eating. A Wake Up Call To Parents! Communion gifts ideas for a child's first holy day File Divorce and Child and Spousal Support Enforcement Forms on Your Own Many Different Kinds Of Playmobil And Childhood Stories All About Kids Doctor Costumes A Look At The Importance Of Buying Kids Medical ID Bracelets I Want A Boy Baby. What Should I Do To Make This Happen? Boys Room Ideas | Kids Room Kids Room Interiors | Kids Room Want To Know All About Charities For Children? Kids Room Decor | Kids Room
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.125.109) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.005995 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2364, 956,
Kids Bedtime Reading Has Benefits! Campo Grande