Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Joseph Roces Summer Holiday
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Joseph Roces Summer Holiday

Joseph Roces Summer Holiday

My dear friends,I have a burning desire to tell you about my month's holiday.It

is usual a wonderful period of life and full of new impressions,contradictory emotions.We planned our tour during the year. We travelled 4 times by train and 2 by bus.The first place to stay was Odessa Mama.This wonderful city on the Black Sea coast is often called the "Pearl of the Sea."2 languages Russian and Ukrainian co-exist comfortably in the city. I heard Ukrainian speech only from country people and saw most of signboards in Ukrainian.Odessa residents are known to be hospitable, warm-hearted, independent, proud - and to possess a sophisticated sense of humor.I should say I didn't feel all these features.People were rather rude,without any sense of humor.I can assume that we spent too little time there and it is not enough to appreciate its true value. It is definitely not enough to only see Odessa - one also needs to hear, inhale, feel and taste it. But i liked the city mostly. It has a special architectural style and a special ambiance.We saw everywhere the signs of a coloful history-marvelous buildings(partially destroyed),names of streets -Rishelyevskaya,Deribasovskaya,Lanzheronovskaya,Preobrazhenskaya and so on.Walking in Odessa we took delight in its' history from classical Italian influences to Soviet era apartment complexes that line the outskirts of the city.The plenty of cats impressed me favourably:)They are everywhere, of different colours and moods but surely impudent.

So we stayed in a two-room flat in the very centre. We could watch the activity progressing in the port, ancient turrets of the surrounding buildings from our windows.Walking on foot didn't make us tired.We got pleasure sightseeing-Deribasovskaya street(Gorsad), Primorsky Boulevard,Potoymkin Stairs,Opera House(unfortunately it was close and had a holiday too).Deribasovskaya Street is the heart of Old Odessa, with shops ranging from the government meat store to the Levis outlet. The City Park (Gorsad) near Preobrazhenskaya Street boasts dozens of craftsmen, strollers and musicians. The Odessa Theater of Opera and Ballet, second best theater in Europe after one in Vienna, heard the singing of Shalyapin and Sobinov, saw performances of Tchaikovsky and Rimsky-Korsakov. The Potoymkin Stairs is the site of the famous baby carriage scene in Eisenstein's "Battleship Potemkin," I'd like to notice that the Potemkin Steps are the best place in the city to view the bay and busy harbors, the building of the sea port and beautiful though modern building of Odessa Hotel. From here we passed to the Primorskiy Boulevard,the Odessas favourite promenade street, toward Odessa city Hall (Malaya Rada)Then we walked through the center of the old city passing Palace of Weddings, Derybasivska Street, National Bank of Ukraine, Main Synagogue and other places of interest.Going further we saw Vorontsovsiy Palase with a Grecian collonade built by Count Vorontsov and overlooks the harbor and also provides a fine view of the bay. Next to the palace is the Tyoschin Most, a foot bridge built over a gorge by a Communist functionary in the 1950s either so his mother-in-law could visit him more easily. The bridge is a traditional sight where newly weeds have their pictures taken and also they leave a padlock with engraving of their names, and the year of their marriage or simply meeting. It is too difficult to enumarate all the sights of this magnificent city. We couldn't leave Odessa without swimming in the sea and attending if only one beach(there are plenty of them but they all are far from the centre where the huge city port and the greater part of sights are situated).So we went to the seaside only two times.The weather was wonderful ,nothing prevented us from enjoying warm water ,sandy beaches.While reaching the beach we saw the Fresh Boulevard with its old acacias and Musical Comedy Theater.Monument located near it surprized me. I can't understand why there was a naked girl riding on two dolphins which were on each other back.

There is no doubt Odessa is a special city, a true pearl on the shore of the Black Sea. A visit to Southern Palmira is sure to be unlike any other. I advise you to visit a delighting city which you have to see once, but with your own eyes.

The separate story deserves the Belgorod Dnestrovskiy fortress.It is located in the mouth of the Dniester river, 80 km from Odessa.It is known that the modern town of Bilghorod-Dnistrovsky begins its history in the 6th century BC, when the ancient Greek town of Tyra was founded on the right bank of the river. Within the long period of its existence the fortress has survived dozens of wars and rulers, each bringing new architectural and military elements to the original towers and walls.The fortress has no equal in Ukraine being most dramatic medieval monument.The archaeological excavations are still going on.The very fortress was a spring of delightfulness for us.We got fantastic ,tremendous impressions from this architectural monument. It is hard to describe the magnificent fortress. You can easily imagine youself in an ancient town when closing your eyes.I will give you a pointer to see i t with your own eyes.

In 4 days we left for Kiev.The most beautiful,charming,fascinating city I've ever seen ,which is not only the capital of Ukraine but also the mother city for all Eastern Slavic peoples.We tried to get acquainted with its numerous sights and attractions as soon and as many as possible.The flat was chosen ,things were left and we got started to see the first sight of the city(it is necessary to mention that it was seen from our windows)-KIEVO-PECHERSKAYA LAVRA.Lavra topped with gilded domes is situated on the high hills of the right bank of the Dnepr river .On the lands of lavra there were about 100 constructions, 42 of which were considered to be unique.More than 150 saint hermits came from lavra, and remains of many monks, preachers and ascetics are buried in the caves of lavra.Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra still remains the sacred place and the center of pilgrimage of Orthodox Christians from all over the world.

Thanks to Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra, Kiev is known as the "Russian Jerusalem".

We didn't visit caves because they were too narrow and low, the smell of dampness frightened me a little.I imagined how the monks tormented themselves and it was not pleasant picture.

The next point of our walk was the Park of World War the second. The areas of all the visited parks attracted my attention greatly. They all were large in comparison with Rostov ones. It will take you not less then half a day to walk them in a fast manner. But let's return to the very park. Different war machines were exhibited there for pleasure of boys and men.

by: ishu
Visit Australia For Adventurous Holidays Himachal Tour Packages South African Police Officers still not paid for overtime during World Cup Soccer Require A Reason To Try Adventure Holidays? - Here's 3! Play ' Mystery P.i. - The London Caper' On M3i Zero New Delhi Is Becoming A Reliable Destination For Cheap Web Services MANALI TOURS Visit Hikkaduwa, Sri Lankas International Tourists Destination! Ladakh Tour Traveling To Europe The Smart Ways Summer Is The Perfect Time To Look After Your Boiler An Overview Of Chase Travel Plus Platinum Visa Cards Holiday in Buenos Aires
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.219.48.116) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.008340 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 6897, 954,
Joseph Roces Summer Holiday Vairano Patenora