Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Joost - Watch Tv For Free Online
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Joost - Watch Tv For Free Online

Joost - Watch Tv For Free Online

I heard a spokesperson from the Writers Guild of America talk at length a few days

ago about how present day movie and TV writers were unacknowledged, and the theory is that further down the line they may avoid the big networks in general and transmit online instead. After this I ended up thinking about the future of traditional movies and TV and started looking about online to do a little research to see how close this theory was to becoming realised.

I very quickly got sidetracked when I stumbled across an application called 'Joost' which is still in beta (testing) stage; after spending over an hour playing around I decided that it would make a good inclusion for Click. You may remember that, several years ago, I reviewed an application called TVexe which was good in principal but lacking in the design of the user interface. Joost is very much along the same lines as TVexe in the way that it brings together hundreds of different TV channels from both on and off the web but it does it in a much more user friendly and organised fashion.

The user interface of Joost is unlike a conventional Windows application in that it launches up in full screen mode, and there aren't any drop-down user menus to speak of. What you are presented with instead is an interface that looks more like Windows Media Centre with large, self explanatory icons which seamlessly hide themselves when not required. I personally think that the interface is very slick and makes navigating through the channels and programming as easy as when using a conventional TV.

According to their website, Joost includes more than 20,000 shows and the list is growing daily. Unlike a large amount of Internet programming, Joost is a relatively closed platform, and as such it is ultimately up to them what material users can and cannot get access to. There is, for instance, no facility to upload your own amateur footage however I think that this can potentially be seen as a positive thing because as a result it may achieve greater approval by mainstream audiences. Open programming is fantastic because it gives everybody a voice but we already have YouTube, and I like the fact that Joost is seemingly more like conventional and commercial television.

With regards to advenrts, I would like to point out that Joost supports itself with an incredibly small amount of advertising. I would normally not recommend the downloading of advertising supported software, but I do understand that such projects do rely upon a certain amount of revenue and we can always expect to get something for nothing in regards to such a great service. Joost is by its nature commercial software developed by the co-owners of Skype and as their first venture since eBay acquired Skype for $2.6 billion in 2005, it is unsurprising they are hoping to make some money from this venture. The ads are negligible especially compared to the amount found on conventional TV and assuming it stays this way I will remain delighted with the product.

In terms of actually choosing what programs to watch, Joost isn't like conventional TV in the fact that it's not broadcast live. Rather than tuning in at a specific time you simply select your channel and then you will be presented with a list of programs on that channel to choose to watch from the beginning.

Even though the software is still being beta tested and is far from the most stable programme around and the quality is a slight issue as it is not really up to what you would expect to see on telly. I am however excited by this programme and it is the most impressive attempt at Internet TV being a sustainable business venture. Whilst I have barely scratched the surface of what this programme is capable of, I believe it could become an essential download for us all as it progresses. It can be found on www.joost.com for both Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X computers and is a surprising small 10mb download.

by: Chris Holgate
Specialized Online Travel Shop How To Indicate A Better Online Tutoring Job? Why Learn To Trade Stocks? Trademark Registration, Renewal And Protection Services Learn Yoga Moves Online Corporate World With Trademark, Patent, Company Registration Online Web Success With Seo Techniques Learning Is Simpler With Online Study Online Glasses Store – A place to buy Discount Glasses Find A Job Onlineeasiest Job Hunting Solution Benefits Of Online Recruitment France vs Scotland Live Free- IRB Women's Rugby World Cup 2010 Streaming HD online tv link on 24 August 2010 The Slave Trade
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.73.97) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.014471 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 4039, 973,
Joost - Watch Tv For Free Online Copenhagen