Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Is Buying My Child A PlayStation3 A Good Idea?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Is Buying My Child A PlayStation3 A Good Idea?

Parents are often divided, when it comes to deciding whether or not to buy a PlayStation3 for their kids

. Some say that giving a child one of these game consoles can destroy their brain cells, while others are all for it, arguing that the games can stimulate creativity and problem solving skills. Still, parent's concern about their children spending too much time on their video game consoles, such as the PS3 is a valid one.

Whether you believe video games are good or not for your child, it will be interesting for parents to know what the experts say about children and their development if they do or do not play video games. It has been noted by experts that quality games from PS3 or any other type of game console can be both complicated and challenging for children yet, it does not diminish the entertainment value.

Some PlayStation 3 games may even require up to fifty hours of concentration to successfully complete the game. Studies show that even children known to have ADHD problems with concentration are able to play a game for uninterrupted hours.

Experts believe that for some children, the video games graphics and sound stimulate their attention and keeps them focused. Young children often find it hard to practice the same kind of focus when they are at school. There are even studies that prove that the child's level of reading is accelerated through the visual stimulation that they receive from these video games. Some games require the child to read instructions, or the story line of the game, therefore it is one way to encourage the child to read. Is Buying My Child A PlayStation3 A Good Idea?

When a game requires the child to play a role-playing game, the tasks involved in the game allows the child to learn new words and this helps him advance in his reading skills.

Playing video games make children develop their imagination as well. If the game is about a certain topic, like sea creatures, it can get your child interested in sea creatures also.

It can also help children be more confident, and be friendlier towards other children who share the same interests of playing video games.

So, while some parents and experts think that they should limit the video games playing time of their kids, there are some parents who actually encourage this kind of activity, as they are confident about the benefits a PS3 can provide their child. If your child shows a lot of interest in video gaming, you can buy him a new PS3 that can give him hours of enjoyable fun, and at the same time may be used to practice his reading and focusing abilities.

By: ted sikkink
Developing Strong Bonds Between Your Children What Is Your Child's Personality Type? Pulse Oximeters for Kids Gearing Your Teen For Success FX Childs Play System: Foreign Exchange Made Easy Surviving Morning Routines With Your Children Roll in Money with FX Childs Play System Need Cheap Insurance Boynton Beach? Decoration Feng Shui Layout Of The Six Children In The Room Necessary To Rule The Boy Who Wears A&F Kids Wear Manufacturers Bring The Designer Wears For Your Kids How a Marble Maze Teaches Children Basic Physics Asthama Freindly Toys
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.31.121) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012769 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2697, 956,
Is Buying My Child A PlayStation3 A Good Idea? Copenhagen