Insurances.net
insurances.net » Liability Insurance » Irda's plan to advertise insurance products through post offices hits barrier
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Irda's plan to advertise insurance products through post offices hits barrier

Thelife insurance wing of India's postal service has objected to the insurance regulator's move to allow post offices to vend the policies of other insurers.

India Post's life insurance section says since the postal department has its own life cover schemes, it should not sell the policies of other insurers.

"We have the largest network on which otherinsurance companies want to ride," an official of the directorate of the postal life insurance (PLI) said on situation of inscrutability. "We have our own insurance scheme. Then why should we sell policies of other insurance companies and lose our advantage?"

The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) in October allowed each postal region of India Post to function as an insurance agent. Each such circle was allowed to sell policies of two general insurance firms, two life insurers, one agricultural insurance company and one stand-alone health insurer.

Some private insurance firms have found it difficult to expand their distribution networks. The regulator's move to have post offices act as agents would have worked in the larger interests of financial inclusion, according to Irda.

To be sure, since selling financial products is a good way to generate income, the postal department is reluctant to let go of this income-earning segment despite objections from its insurance wing.

It was India Post that had asked for such an arrangement, said an Irda official. "Earlier, they were allowed to sell policies of only one insurance company," he said, requesting anonymity. "We permitted each circle to sell policies of two life and general insurers and one health insurer."

Postal life insurance, initially meant for postal employees, was later extended to other government employees. In 1995, it was extended to rural areas.

There were more than 4.4 million postal life insurance policies and 9.9 million rural postal life insurance policies as on 31 March 2010, official data show.

Irda gave India Post a special allowance after an expert committee headed by Ajay Shah suggested effectively utilizing the postal network to further financial inclusion.

The insurance regulator wanted to leverage the reach of India Post to deepen the coverage of insurance services in the country. While the penetration level of general insurers is as low as 0.6% of the gross domestic product, incursion of life insurers is slightly above 4%.

India Post has a network of over 155,000 branches across 22 circles. More than 45% of its income comes from various financial services. As of December 2009, India Post's total revenue wasRs.2,273.69 crore.

"Selling insurance policies is a good revenue stream for the postal department. As it is, the PLI scheme does not cover all the requirements of the population," said an insurance company official, who declined to be named.

Private insurers say if the India Post experiment was successful, Irda may also authorize banks to sell policies of more than one firm.

"I think Irda has test-piloted by opening it out for India Post," said another insurance company official, requesting anonymity. "The regulator wants to see what the teething problems are and the bottlenecks before permitting an open architecture."

Source: [Livemint.com]
# 2 I recently tried full spectrum cbd drops as a replacement for the prime control and was pleasantly surprised next to the results. Initially skeptical, I start that it significantly helped with my anxiety and be in the land of nod issues without any noticeable side effects. The oil was unoppressive to put to use, with legible dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, vulgar taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a marked convalescence in my total well-being, instinct more serene and rested. I know the ingenuous technique to wellness CBD offers and aim to at using it.   2024-2-20 02:05  reply
# 3 Hey everyone! I've just stumbled upon an incredible resource that's all about crypto markets. If you're interested in trading cryptocurrencies, this might be the ideal place for you!

The site (https://cryptoairdrops.ru/) offers detailed reviews of various crypto exchanges, including the ins and outs of their trading platforms, security protocols, supported coins, and overall reliability. Whether you're a beginner just starting out or an advanced user, there's something for everyone.

What I found particularly useful was their comparison tool, which made it super easy to compare different exchanges and find the one that best fits my needs. They also cover the latest trends in the crypto world, which keeps you up-to-date on all the important news.

If you're interested in getting into crypto trading, I highly recommend checking this site out. It's a goldmine of information that can help you make better choices in the volatile world of cryptocurrency.

Let's explore it together and help each other out! Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with different exchanges as well.   2024-3-19 12:15  reply
# 4 I recently tried CBD gummies from this website cbd gummies 300mg for the prime prematurely and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my dread and slumber issues without any remarkable side effects. The lubricator was easy to utter, with legible dosage instructions. It had a mild, shameless taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a signal improvement in my overall well-being, instinct more blas‚ and rested. I know the natural approximate to wellness CBD offers and aim to continue using it.   2024-3-29 09:40  reply
Figuring Out the Professional Liability Insurance SBO Online Office Depot Solution Liability Insurance For Intoxicated Guests The Reliability Of Demountable Flood Barriers As A Flood Deterrent Cleaning Teeth Is It Necessary To Clean Teeth At A Dental Office The Importance Of Director And Officer Insurance Liability In A Company Operation Restaurant Insurance And The Need For Valet Parking Liability Doctor Office Toys Helping The Child To Visit A Pediatric Clinic In The Good Mood Halloween at the Office Used Office Cubicles Designed And Priced To Serve Your Needs! Liability Insurance For Builders & Trade Contractors: An Overview Yaz-yasmin Different Product Liability Lawsuits Helpful Tips To Buy Office Supplies Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.182.179) New York / New York City Processed in 0.013514 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 3499, 961,
New York City