Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Ingredients In Medifast Shakes
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Ingredients In Medifast Shakes

Without a doubt, the medifast shakes are the meals that I'm most often asked about. Recently, I had someone ask me what types of ingredients are included in them. Before I answer this question, I have to clarify that there are several types of shakes. In addition to the "regular" variety, there are special varieties for those concerned about things like joint, hormonal, or heart health. There are some that suppress your appetite. And, there are also some that are ready made (which are called the "ready to drink.") And, among all of these different varieties, there are several flavors offered as well. But, to keep things simple, in the following article, I'll look at some of the ingredients and nutritional information of one of the most popular line of shakes (called the "55) to give you some idea as to what is in them.

Most all of the shakes are vegetarian, have a low amount of lactose, and have a low enough amount of gluten to be considered "gluten free." They are kosher and, if they do contain caffeine, it is usually in very small amounts. However, people who have severe allergies need to be aware that the company states that these products are made in a factory that uses eggs, fish, and shellfish. The product also contains some amounts of soy, milk, and whey.

As I mentioned, the most popular medifast shake is probably the 55, so this is the one that I will discuss. This 55 variety is included in the medifast basic 5 plus 1 monthly package. The different types of shakes vary slightly in their ingredients and nutritional information, but for the most part, they are all pretty similar. The company tries to keep all of the meals under 110 calories and under 15 grams of carbohydrates. Most of the meals contain over 10 grams of protein as well.

The first six ingredients in the medifast 55 shake are soy protein, fructose, milk protein, cocoa, wheat fiber, and sweet dairy whey. Many of the later ingredients have to do with the flavoring of the product in question. The base of these shakes are soy rather than milk. This gives them a high amount of protein and a low amount of sugar and carbs. I was afraid that this might affect their taste, but I find that it really doesn't and this concern was unnecessary. They pretty much taste like a milkshake, although they aren't quite as sweet as some. Forgoing to milk is also good news for people who are lactose intolerant or who have digestion issues. From my observation, most people are able to tolerate this product quite easily.

In terms of nutrition, the Dutch chocolate flavored 55 shakes contain 90 calories, 1 gram of fat, 13 grams of carbohydrates, 8 grams of sugars, 4 grams of fiber, and 11 grams of protein. This is pretty typical of most of the medifast shake varieties. Additionally, these offering contains a decent amount of vitamins and minerals. For example, one of these meals contains over 30% of the recommended daily iron, B1, riboflavin, niacin, copper, iodine, and chromium. They also contain over 20% of the daily recommended amounts of vitamins A, K, B6 and B12, as well as biotin, folic acid, magnesium, zinc, selenium and phosphorus, to name just some of the elements included.

Also, keep in mind that these minerals and vitamin percentages are for just one of six meals. You will be eating five similar meals each day on this diet (in addition to the "lean and green" meal that you make yourself.) And since most of the meals have similar nutritional information, you should more than get the full amounts of recommended vitamins and minerals by the end of the day.

Lindsey's Medifast Review Website features recipes, a list of all of the foods (including the shakes,) videos, tips, coupons ($50 off or two weeks free), information and products related to success on this diet. She also offers a free ebook ("Getting The Most Out Of Medifast") to help you get started. You can visit her at http://easiest-diet.com/
Tips For Finding The Best Free Real Estate Investing Newsletters The Art Of Finding Cheap Insurance For Taxis Essentials For Home Based Business Female Libido Booster - How It Works Home Business Tips To Enable Your Home Business To Succeed Buytelescopres An Online Super Store. Database Design And Avoiding Requirements Analysis Mistakes Weight Loss Program - Select One That Actually Works! Modern Hepatitus Treatments Female Hair Loss - How to Grow Hair Faster Naturally for Women Smart Shopping: Selecting The Right Electric Radiator Interesting Tips On Web Design Seeking Beauty in the Philippines: Roura DermSurgery
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.103.10) / Processed in 0.005457 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 4056, 975,