Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » I'm A Man--can I Get Liposuction?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I'm A Man--can I Get Liposuction?

I'm A Man--can I Get Liposuction?

In many people's minds, cosmetic surgeries are the exclusive territory of women

. These people are often surprised when they learn how much liposuction (also called lipoplasty and suction lipectomy) has grown in popularity among men. Although women still definitely comprise the majority of lipoplasties, men are becoming a larger and more prominent presence in the field.

In 2008, around 31,500 men underwent surgical lipectomy in the United States. Large as this figure is, it actually reflects a recession-caused downturn; the previous year, nearly 58,000 men underwent the procedure. It is likely that the years to come will show a resurgence in male lipoplasty as the procedure continues to gain popularity and as cash-flow problems even out.

Procedurally, male and female liposuction are identical; the surgery is performed the same way regardless of gender. To begin with, the doctor numbs the area, typically with a local anesthetic. Once the area is properly numbed, an incision is made in the skin. The surgeon inserts a small, hollow needle called a cannula into this incision. The cannula is attached to some sort of vacuum device, and as the surgeon moves the cannula back and forth through the target area, it breaks up and suctions out excess and unwanted fat.

The surgery works best on otherwise healthy individuals who have a few pockets of stubborn fat. It tends not to be well-suited for large scale or full-body weight loss. The best candidates are within twenty to thirty pounds of their ideal target weight.I'm A Man--can I Get Liposuction?

Because men's bodies tend to store fat differently than women's, the most popular target areas differ between the sexes. Men tend to store a lot of fat around their abdomens, so the abdomen is the most popular area for men. Men often undergo liposuction to try to remove the excess belly fat that creates the appearance of a "beer belly." Lipoplasty of the flanks is also very common among men, as it can help to reduce the appearance of "love handles." Some men really want to have "six-pack abs," and they use lipectomy to remove the fat on their stomach in a way that emphasizes the underlying musculature.

The face and neck are also popular target areas. As men age, they tend to accumulate more fat around their face. In some instances, removing this fat can restore a more youthful appearance. Men often accumulate fat around their cheeks, which leads to prominent jowls. When performed correctly, lipectomy can help to remove this excess fat. Similarly, a lot of men store excess fat under their jaws, which leads to double chins. A lipoplasty can sometimes clear this up and restore a more youthful and streamlined chin area.

One final area where men frequently undergo liposuction is actually one that they share in common with women: the breast. A number of men store fat around their chests. For some men, this causes societal and emotional awkwardness, because they feel that their chests appear womanly. When a swelling of the male breast is caused by a build-up of excess fat, a lipoplasty can often help to reduce the swelling by removing fat.

by: Christian Heftel
Coach Hire Birmingham In England's Second Largest City Let's Take A Look At Flossing Chiropractor Wilmington Nc | How Chiropractors Offer Relief For Back Injuries Those Terrible Balding Signs and How to Reverse Them Before It's Too Late Power, Reliability & Feature Richness - Dotnetnuke An Open Source Framework Should I Get Lasik Surgery? - Nurse's Guide Why It's Important To Build Backlinks To Your Website The Early Signs of Balding Can Save Your Hair - Don't Fall Victim Headsets, Phones And Headset Phones, "we're Not Just In Kansas Anymore Todo" Even Antivirus Scanners Can't Protect From All Malware Roofing & Water Tanks How Changing Of The Guard In Automotive Repair! Be A Dream Guest On Talk Radio...and Turn Your Host's Listeners Into Your Followers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.220.245.147) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.010051 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3219, 952,
I'm A Man--can I Get Liposuction? Kista