Insurances.net
insurances.net » Life Insurance » I Was Recently Diagnosed With Depression. What Happens Under My Term Life Insurance, Income Protection and Trauma Insurance Policies?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Was Recently Diagnosed With Depression. What Happens Under My Term Life Insurance, Income Protection and Trauma Insurance Policies?

I Was Recently Diagnosed With Depression. What Happens Under My Term Life Insurance, Income Protection and Trauma Insurance Policies?

A diagnosis of depression is often more of a relief than a burden. As opposed to a diagnosis of cancer, multiple sclerosis or HIV, a diagnosis of depression gives you a way forward, acknowledging the reality and treatability of your condition. However, most of us are aware that mental health is an increasingly common factor in illness, injury and death ... and as such, a diagnosis of depression can have an impact on your income protection, trauma insurance and life insurance policies. Today we check out exactly what happens under each of them.

Life Insurance and Depression

Life insurance only pays a benefit when you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness (in some cases). Naturally you won't be able to claim following a diagnosis of depression - but if you already have a life insurance policy, hang on to it. Having that diagnosis of depression means that any policy you try to switch to in the future may be rated much higher than your current policy.

If you don't have life insurance but would like to obtain it, this is certainly possible. Compare life insurance policies and make your applications once your treatment routine has been established and the condition is regarded as controlled, or even diminished. Your prospective insurance companies will be quick to tell you that there is no suicide payout within 13 months of policy's start date ... just ignore the implications of this attitude!

Income Protection Insurance and Depression

If you already have an income protection insurance policy and can't work because of your depression, there's a strong likelihood that you'll be able to claim. You will need to:

Visit your own doctor for an initial diagnosis

Visit the insurance company's doctor for confirmation of this diagnosis

Wait for your nominated waiting period

Trauma Insurance and Depression

Depression is certainly traumatic. However, few trauma insurance policies cover mental illnesses. Those that do usually cover dementia, Alzheimer's disease and/or Parkinson's disease ... but not depression. As with your life insurance, though, if you already have trauma cover make sure you keep up with the payments - you might find that you have much higher premiums on any new trauma insurance policy.
Life Insurance for Seniors Is Unnecessary, Plus 5 More Insidious Retirement Myths What Should You Consider When Setting Up Life Insurance? What Are The Benefits Of Critical Illness Life Insurance When To Get A Critical Illness Life Insurance Policy How To Get Critical Life Illness Insurance The Inner Workings Of A Critical Life Insurance Policy Quick Tips On How To Go About Purchasing The Right Life Insurance Policy Who Needs Critical Illness Life Insurance Aviva Life Insurance Life Saver Plus – A ULIP Plan Aarp Life Insurance Policy Tips Angioplasty- the ballooning procedure to open blocked cardiac arteries and save life Life Insurance Quotes Online Just a Click Away Tips On Life Insurance Policy
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.116.90.141) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.012319 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2527, 953,
I Was Recently Diagnosed With Depression. What Happens Under My Term Life Insurance, Income Protection and Trauma Insurance Policies? Atlanta