Insurances.net
insurances.net » Life Insurance » I Live Alone Do I Need Life Insurance?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Live Alone Do I Need Life Insurance?

Copyright (c) 2010 Steve WentworthI'm a single home owner on a mortgage, is it necessary to have life insurance. Couldn't they just sell the house to repay the mortgage lender?Answer

Although this seems quite logical there are a number of points to consider.-The loan to value of your mortgage

-Critical illness cover

-Income protection

-Future plansLoan to value

The loan to value is the amount of your mortgage compared with the value of the property. A percentage of the loan amount over the property value. If the loan to value is high (in the 90% range) then there could be a serious risk of the property falling into negative equity. Negative equity is when the value of the property falls below the amount owed to the mortgage lender. Negative equity becomes an issue if you are forced to sell the property whilst in negative equity, this means the sale of the property will not cover the amount owed to the mortgage lender and there will still be amounts owed (plus incurring interest every month until repaid). due to your death the lender would need to force a sale, they may then have to take legal action on your next of kin or the estate. In addition if no Will is available then the could be a huge delay whilst going through probate, resulting in the lender adding months and months of interest, your next of kin could end up with a large bill.Critical illness cover

Even if you're on your own and either happy that your loan to value is sufficiently low, or you already have life insurance in place to cover a mortgage loan, one key area of protection is critical illness cover. A protection policy helping you directly if you were to suffer one or more of a list of specific serious conditions such as cancer, heart conditions, stroke and many more. Its very easy to think that these things won't happen to a 20, 30 or 40 year old but research from Aviva insurance shows that there are more claims on critical illness cover from the 30-40 and 40-50 year old's than the 50+ age group. However, a critical illlness can effect anyone; CLIC Sargent is a charity caring for children who have suffered cancer.Critical illness insurance provides on diagnoses of one of the qualifying conditions a lump sum amount, the sum assured. This money can then be used to repay any mortgage debt or to improve your life to allow you to cope with this illness. Lets say for instance that you are involved in a road traffic accident and the consequences are that you lose a limb. Obviously this is a life changing condition and could have an impact on your job, you may therefore be unable to work and then pay your mortgage payments. Or you may need to make some radical alterations to your home to be able to move around with a wheelchair. With critical illness cover a claim would result in the sum assured being released, this could massively improve your lifestyle whilst you adapt to your serious illness.Income Protection

Critical illness cover provides suitable protection if you're diagnosed with one of a list of serious illnesses but what if you fall sick with a less serious illness, or are forced to go under a series of tests to identify a problem? You may even suffer from a disabling illness which prevents you from performing your work and earn a living. Income protection or sometimes called permanent health insurance is an insurance product which could replace your income for a long period of time whilst undergoing tests or recovering from an illness or even replace your income right up until retirement if your unable to work due to a debilitating illness. On making a claim, the insurance provider would pay a monthly income allowing you to maintain any payments on a mortgage, bills, food. So you can concentrate on making your recovery in good time without the financial strain.Future plans

Of course, if your long term plans are to get married and start a family but your immediate situation is different then it is always worthwhile reviewing your situation regularly. However, please bare in mind that life insurance and critical illness cover premiums do increase the older a person is so obtaining this earlier in life may well be cheaper.
How To Take Care Of All Your Final Expenses With Burial Insurance For Seniors Life Insurance For Police Officers And Other Law Enforcement Individuals The Many Options Of No Medical Exam Life Insurance. What Is Best? Life Insurance You Can Borrow From What are the risks covered by a life insurance? Silk Scarves - Diverse Opinions In Both Trend And Everyday Life Viewpoints A Guide To Life Insurance By Age Top 10 Most Important Factors Affecting Your Life Insurance Rates Over 50 Life Insurance Plans Affordable term life insurance - What about a low cost term life insurance policy Affordable Life Insurance available! Use tax refund for your life insurance policy to pay every year How much life insurance do I need?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.66.206) / Processed in 0.014323 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 4328, 953,