Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » I Didn't Take Care Of My Teeth! What Now?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Didn't Take Care Of My Teeth! What Now?

My father's mother would have never won a Parent of the Year award

. In addition to other forms of neglect, she failed to take my father to the dentist more than two or three times in all his years. As he grew up and had a family of his own, he worked hard day and night as an automotive mechanic to support us. When he would come home well past midnight, he would fall into bed without brushing his teeth. Naturally, his smile was an early casualty of this lifestyle.

For most of my early years, he despaired of ever having the confidence to smile--until a few years ago, when a skilled dentist in the area suggested that my father consider veneers, which offered a way for my father to get a brand new smile. Well, Dad went for it, and the rest is history. He smiles and laughs all the time now, unafraid to flash his pearly whites.

The first half of my dad's life might be a familiar story to you. Life, genetics, neglect, and/or finances might have come between you and thorough oral hygiene, and now you only smile with your lips sealed tight. Grins and guffaws are out of the question. So what can you do now?

Well, the precise solution for you should be worked out in an honest conversation with your dentist, but I can at least point you in the right direction, so listen up.

One of the first things to go is that brilliant white coloring to your teeth, but fortunately, that issue is one of the easiest things to fix. Professional whitening services are cost-effective, efficient, and fast--and the results are always stunning. No over-the-counter products can compare to what your dentist can do for you, though they can help maintain the results you will receive in the office. Talk to your dentist about an appointment today!

For those that have long-term, permanent damage to almost all of their teeth, veneers are a wise option, as was the case for my dad. Veneers are "installed" after the natural teeth have been filed down, but don't worry--they are still capable of chewing and such, just like real teeth, and you no longer have to concern yourself about cavities and other infections that come with having natural teeth.

For those that don't have such extensive devastation, partial veneers or dentures can work well. Dentures can be removed for regular maintenance (cleaning, etc.), but they blend well with the rest of your smile.

It is NEVER too late to seek a beautiful new smile, so if you feel like your confidence has waned because of damage done to your teeth, take action today. Call your dentist.

by: Art Gib
Applications of Painless Laser Dentistry Finding An Aiken Dentist Teeth Stains and Teeth Whitening Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Chicago Sedation Dentistry: The Solution to Dental Fears The Dentist And Overcoming Your Phobia The Risks Of Sedation Dentistry Why Keep Going To The Dentist: An Overview Of Benefits Factors In Choosing Dentists Barter Your Skills For A Dental Treatment In Fayetteville Family Dentistry: Oral Health For All Ages How To Help Ease Your Childs Concerns On The First Dental Visit Sedation Dentistry: Do Not Be Afraid Of Dentists
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.0.25) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.005325 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2638, 964,
I Didn't Take Care Of My Teeth! What Now? Copenhagen