Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » I Can't Believe What My Child Is Eating. A Wake Up Call To Parents!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Can't Believe What My Child Is Eating. A Wake Up Call To Parents!

As you walk up and down the aisles of the supermarket have you ever noticed that all of the snacks are targeted towards children and teenagers? I am so amazed to see just how much our children's snacks have changed over the past twenty to thirty years. There are now waffles with chocolate chips in them, yogurt that is made to look like a rainbow with sprinkles on top and even bite size cupcakes filled with frosting. I couldn't believe my eyes today when I saw a box of oatmeal with candy animals added to it. I actually picked up the box to make sure that I wasn't misreading the label. We can even buy what used to be considered a more healthy snack such as a nuts and raisins with prezel mix, only now they are covered with chocolate or some type of sugary substance.

This would be okay if we had these types of treats once in a while. But unfortunately these types of foods and others like them are part of many children's daily diets. A large number of kids today expect fun packaged products from the grocery store to make up the majority of their lunch. Why would any child want the regular waffle, the healthy low fat yogurt or just plain raisins, nuts or pretzels anymore?

Growing up in a small town, we usually took a bagged lunch to school. We may have had one snack in our lunch and occasionally, desert after dinner, and that was considered a special treat. Today, with our hectic lifestyles many kids either buy their lunch every day or their parents end up purchasing processed lunch foods and snacks which make an easy to put together meal for their children's lunches. Many kids today also have learned to expect unhealthy snacks after school and desert has becomes part of their evening routine. Many children are consuming foods that lack the good nutrition that their bodies need to help them grow and develop. I do believe that children of all socioeconomic levels are at risk for poor nutrition today. Many families now regularly consume large amounts of foods which are high in sugar and trans fats. A lot of the processed foods that kids love are full of additives and unhealthy fats. This actually helps contribute to childhood obesity and other chronic illnesses and in many cases can be prevented!I Can't Believe What My Child Is Eating. A Wake Up Call To Parents!

In the age that we live in there is so much available to us to help make our fast pace lives easier. As adults, we need to be thinking about the long term affects from the nutrition that we are providing for our children. Good Nutrition is all about eating the right kinds of foods to keep our bodies healthy. Are we doing that for our children? Next time you go grocery shopping ask yourself, "Am I making the right kinds of decisions when it comes to preparing food for my children?", "Am I buying foods that will help them strive and grow or am I doing what's easiest and what I know they will eat?"

As parents, our children are our duty and responsibility and that includes what we provide to them and what we allow them to eat. If you want them to grow up strong, smart and healthy, start by making the right choices today!!
Communion gifts ideas for a child's first holy day Teach your Child how to Meditate Golf Tips for Kids Timberland-Teach your child to express his personality Being A Teenager In 2010 Sucks - Exactly Where Are The Jobs For Teenagers? Boys Room Ideas | Kids Room Kids Room Interiors | Kids Room Kids Chat Room | Kids Room Kids Room Decor | Kids Room How To Help Your Child Play Soccer In The World Cup Another is Type of sixteen for individual That returns Snowboarding Classes For Children Tips for Designing the Ideal Kids Play Room
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.42.70) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.012327 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3222, 956,
I Can't Believe What My Child Is Eating. A Wake Up Call To Parents! Amsterdam