Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Hull Freedom Festival's Scarlette Fever talks to Activ Hull
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hull Freedom Festival's Scarlette Fever talks to Activ Hull

What do you think of the Hull Freedom Festival

?

Do you know what I think it's a great thing. I looked it up before we came here and I saw that Fyfe Dangerfield was here . I love Fyfe Dangerfield. I'm gutted I'm going to miss him later. It's a shame not for him, I think he could do without me throwing myself at him and asking him to marry me. I think that's more my loss than his.

Apart from Fyfe, is there anyone else you particularly note in the lineup?

I really, really like McFly as well. I do. I know they are a bit out of my age bracket but I really like the way they play their own stuff and I think the way they have hung around so long as well is a real credit. And I've got to support Alesha Dixon, she's from my home town Welwyn Garden City.Hull Freedom Festival's Scarlette Fever talks to Activ Hull

Who was your inspiration? Who did you look up to? Who started you off on your career?

When I was a kid? Loads of people. Always real female vocalists. I used to try and sing Aretha Franklin songs, a bit of Tina Turner, Karen Carpenter. As I've got older it has grown and developed, and I love discovering new people. When I was 17 I'd never heard of Dusty Springfield. I knew her music subliminally but it wasn't until Pulp Fiction came out with Son Of A Preacher Man when I thought "God that's amazing" and I found out it was Dusty Springfield and I love her voice.

Scarlette Fever performing at Hull Freedom Festival

If I'd tried to predict who you were going to say, I'd have said Aretha Franklin because I can hear it in your voice.

I love Aretha Franklin, she's amazing.

You've got a single coming out in January Crash & Burn

Yes, Crash & Burn, which you've heard today. I wrote that about a year ago now, and it's all about taking chances and risks in life.

What plans have you got beyond that?

The new single, as you said, will be out in January, and then we'll be releasing an album which is called Medication Time. Loads more festivals then Christmas Lights and touring with the band, which is where I'm more comfortable really. We get to play guitar and piano, which I really like. It's a bit more hands-on which is good.

What's your ambition? Where would you like to see yourself?

The funny thing with the music industry, especially with everything that's happened to it in the last couple of years or so, I think if you can stay in a career in music that's the goal isn't it. To do what you love as a living. That's why I said McFly whether you like them or not they have had a great career.

Can I ask you one last cheesy question?

Go for it!

If you could choose anyone to do a duet with, who would it be?

I knew you were going to ask me that! I'm going to give you an embarrassing answer, but this is the truth. I'd better give you a bit of background on this. When I was a kid I was taken to see Beauty and the Beast. I was 10 years old and I totally fell in love with Celine Dion, so singing with her has been a real childhood fantasy. As an adult the proper answer would be George Michael with I Knew You Were Waiting For Me of course that's his Aretha Franklin duet. It's an incredible track.

Scarlette thank you very muchHull Freedom Festival's Scarlette Fever talks to Activ Hull

Brilliant. Thank you I hope you enjoy the music!

Find out more about Scarlette Fever and listen to some of her tracks

By: Ben Gardiner
Travel To Mexico Or Canada - Comparison Flying Lotus Uk Tour,tickets Are Available At Minimum Price Top 5 Places To Spend Your Autumn What Accommodation To Choose For Your Holiday Travel Destinations In Asia Thinking About Traveling To Asia? Northwest Phoenix: Exceptional Monthly Rentals Daily tours to Pyramids of Giza from Alexandria Port Scarf: The Perfect Travelling Item Visiting Durban, South Africa - Three of the Best Day Trips From Durban Alexandria Tours to The Pyramids of Giza Canadian Travel Insurance, Eligibility And Insurability London Fashion Week And The Tribe Of Doris!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.12.240) / Processed in 0.010980 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 3893, 954,