Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » How to Shop with your Kids - a helpful guide
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How to Shop with your Kids - a helpful guide

The most dreaded job of any parent's life's. Shopping with their kids. You can see it spelt out in big bold letters DON'T GO THERE. But of course, sometimes there is no choice and we have to gather upall our courage (don't forget the earplugs) and just get on with it. With step by step instructions on how to survive the big grocery shop you won't ever have to worry about it again.

Before you go:How to Shop with your Kids - a helpful guide

Make some rules that your kids have to follow and talk tothem abouthow they are expected to behave.Explain clearly so they don't get confused and make your kids repeat what you have said just before you leave. Some good ideas are(1) Stay near me, if you can't see me I can't see you. (2) Don't beg for lollies and biscuits (3) No shouting and use your inside voice. Don't add in any extra bits like 'Or you will be punished' because that may make your kids test you anddeliberately break one of the rules, or they won'tbe able to remember the whole thing and will forgetparts of the rule.

Agree on rewards for good behaviour. Once again keep it simple, like promising to read them a story or take them to the park. Occasionally let them have a chocolate bar or a lollie pop but don't do it all the time otherwise they will start to expect that they get lollies and will throw a tantrum when you don'tgive them chocolate.

Its very helpful to have a distraction on hand for when your kids start to get a bit restless. Bring a small picture book ora few mini action figures,all items small enough so that they can easily fit in your handbag.

At the store:

Children will get easily bored if they are just walking around endless aisles pushing a trolley.Let them get involved and make a game out of it.Things like"Who can find the apples first?" are very easy to keep up and are good fun for the kids.

Let your kids choose sometimes on what they want. Give them a choice out of the vanilla or strawberry ice cream and see what their favourite is. It helps them get engaged with the shopping andteaches them how to make a decision. Also let them help choosing thehardest apples or the best bargin out of twoproducts.

Ifyou keep a money totalon what you put in your trolley, let your kid (if they are old enough) write down the prices and, if they can, addup all the costs to get the total. It is a more educational way ofkeeping them occupied but make sure you do a quick check on the math yourself.

Its failed! What do I do?

Remember, kids will be kids and they are not perfect (I'm not saying we are, but we know how to act in a supermarket). If your childthrows a tantrum, ignore it unless it becomes violent, destructive or truly embarrassing.Ifyou can, stop shopping and go home, but if it is urgent and cannot wait, call a baby-sitter and they will mind the kids for you while you get the rest done. Don't ever give your child a treat to make them stop crying, because then they will realise they can still be naughty and get what they want.

Some children have special 'weapons' they use to get what they want. Below there are some of the most common things children will say to get that extra special toy they just saw two minutes ago.

Remember:

Never fall for these, you are already giving your child a treat at the end of a successful shopping trip and explain that to them.

The Beggar: Pleaseeeee can I have it? But I neeeeeeed it sooooo bad! Pretty pleaseeee?

Angel Child: Mummy I have been super dooper good the whole time you were doing boring shopping so can I have that chocolate bar? For being a good girl?

Smart Saver: You see mum, this dolly is cheaper than the Magical Pony dress up set, so you would be saving a lot of money if you got the dolly instead for me.

Un-kept Promises: If I can have the bouncy ball I will NEVER ask for anything EVER again and I will NEVER EVER be naughty. I will ALWAYS make my bed and I will ALWAYS brush my teeth. I PROMISE.

Spiteful: "No dear, you don't need everything you see on the toy aisle." Your child then responds, "I hate you mummy."

So next time your children get you into a spot of bother, keep calm and go through all the things in this article that will hopefully help. Don't worry if every shopping trip isn't perfect,children can't always be perfect little angels
Playstation For Kids - Should You Buy Your Kids A Playstation? Take A Study Wholesale Websites Before Looking Child's Clothing Stores Child studies courses and child development course at Toronto College Chocolate Poker Chips: Ideas for Teens' Birthday Party Last Minute Christmas Deals - 7 Nights fr. £599 with Kids Stay Free Kids bedding set for comfort and elegance Four Things You Can Do to Help Your ADD Child Whoozit Baby Toys- Get the Right Toys for Your Child Celebrate Life, Cherish the Day – It's Your Child's 1st Birthday ADHD Alternative Treatments - Which One Is Best For Your Child? Tips And Help In Raising Children Recognizing ADHD Signs And Learning What To Do So Your Child Is Protected One Stop Shop For RC Helicopter Toys
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.81.240) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.013227 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 42 , 4626, 956,
How to Shop with your Kids - a helpful guide Atlanta