Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » How to Fight the Winter Blues with Scrapbooking
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How to Fight the Winter Blues with Scrapbooking

Why do some folks hate winter time so much? Is it the cold, the snow, the icy roads, or is it something else they truly fear, like getting the winter blues because they always think there's nothing to do. I for one love winter, now I don't care much for the heat bill, but as far as the snow, and the cold and the other things the season provides, it's wonderful to me.

You should learn to use the cold, snowy winter to your advantage instead of a means for depression. One thing I learned years ago, is the more it snows, the happier it is for me. Your probably thinking this person is a lot different then I am, aren't you? Will, that is what makes folks like we are, were all humans but we all have different likes and dislikes. Now, let me get back to this articles subject which is; " How to fight the winter blues with Scrapbooking ".

In case you are not familiar with scrapbooking, let me explain simply what it is, scrapbooking is just a method of preserving personal and family history in a photo album or such other booklet form, called a scrapbook. Scrapbooking has been going on for a long time, since the 1800's and maybe earlier, in recent years it has caught on a lot more, and now there are tons of more items available to make scrapbooking a lot more fun and unique depending upon each persons desires.How to Fight the Winter Blues with Scrapbooking

The one thing I believe that has really made scrapbooking take off big, is the era of the digital camera. Everyone used film to take photos a few years back, and the film was expensive to buy and develop. Photos were cherished and placed inside albums, and preserved. Once we entered into the digital era, photos are almost free, only costing as much as a sheet of paper and a little ink to print a copy when needed. Since photos have become so cheap and printable at home, folks started cutting, cropping and editing them in ways that were never possible back in the film era. How to Fight the Winter Blues with Scrapbooking

Today scrapbooking is a big business, and a great activity for anyone from children to adults. If you have a child that is into sports you can create a scrapbook of him or her, that has a sports related theme. You can place the photos in the scrapbook, then download and printout sports pictures, such as footballs, baseballs, banners, and more, these pictures are then cut and trimmed, and pasted near or even onto the child's photos.

You can create a different scrapbook for every family member, and make each a different theme or subject, or you can just make one large scrapbook covering your entire family, some folks even make scrapbooks for their pets as a way of preserving the memories. The only item you need to begin scrapbooking with is a photo album, you can get a large sized one, or a small one depending on your ideas. Some of the neat things available to add themes and fun to your scrapbook are; colored paper, stickers, photos of any subject downloaded off the internet, felt, stencils, and numerous other items. This winter season when you find yourself with nothing to do, start working on scrapbooking, it's a great way to preserve some awesome memories and to help fight the winter blues.

There is a website that describes numerous activities and other methods to help eliminate the Winter Blues, this website is called: Winter Activities - and it may be found at this url: http://www.winter-activities.com

You may publish this article in your ezine, newsletter or on your web site as long as it is reprinted in its entirety and without modification except for formatting needs or grammar corrections.
The story of the cruise holiday that energised me Americans Don't See It Coming! Belfor Franchise Group President Earns Distinguished Program Honor Achieve your dreams as a strip dancer Minnesota Tours: A Lake Superior History Minnesota Tours - Lake Pepin: From the French Crown to Henry David Thoreau Miami Intl Film Fest, SXSW Festival, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Induction, Hong Kong Film Fest, Edgemar Film Fest Medjugorje - Youth Festival Asturias Travel: Pre-romanesque Art At Santa Mara Del Naranco And La Balesquida - A Big Festival I The story of the Spanish Holiday 2012 that energised me The Risk-free Strategy to Get Into Shape Before Summer Try To Be A Considerate Traveler Travel and Play Chess
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.217.163) / Processed in 0.006006 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3695, 954,