Insurances.net
insurances.net » Home Business » How to Fail in Your Home-Based Business
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

How to Fail in Your Home-Based Business

A successful home-based business offers an amazing quality of life. You can work anytime and (in today's virtual world) from just about anywhere, so you have the ultimate freedom. You can work a business while raising a family, traveling, or just about anything else.

But building a successful home business isn't easy. There are lots of ways to fail.

Here are five of the biggest mistakes you can make.

1. Fall for scams. Scammers know that lots of people want to work from home and there are so many business opportunities out there that exist only to put money in the scammer's pocket. There are many internet marketing salespeople out there who would like you to pay thousands for their knowledge. These marketers are often promoted by bloggers who endorse their product in exchange for an affiliate commission, so you're hardly getting an unbiased opinion. If an information product comes with a cheesy sales letter and a strict deadline, you're probably better off without it. Go to the library and get a few books. Subscribe to the feeds of some bloggers that you trust. You can get a lot of information online for free. Take your time and learn everything you can about your chosen industry before you dish out any dough.

2. Start believing that the money should come fast and easy. Most people who run legitimate home based businesses put in long hours - very long hours - especially at the beginning, when they are just getting their businesses launched. Some bloggers and internet marketing experts would have you believe that, unless you are following their "simple formula" and making money on autopilot while you sip mojitos on a beach, you're a giant sucker. It's not true. You'll work hard and you'll build a business you can be proud of, but it's going to take some time (so you had better love it!)

3. Favor analysis over action. Proper research is essential, but so much of what we learn in our own home based business is discovered by simply diving in and getting things done. Even if you're not fully sure how to do something, jump in and give it a try. You'll learn far more about blogging, for example, by just getting started than you will learn by reading a bunch of books about it. As you continue to research and learn about the industry, the information you learn will make more sense because you'll have a context for it.

4. Don't network. When you're working from home, your social and business network will serve a couple of functions. It will help you share ideas and even marketing efforts (if you engage in joint ventures), and it will keep you sane when you are sitting, alone, in front of your computer all day. Don't be afraid to dig in there and meet some people in your field who are doing the same thing you are. LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are good places to start. Your particular niche or industry probably has some social networking tools and forums of its own, as well.

5. Treat it like a hobby. When I was first starting in my online business more than a decade ago, someone advised me to pretend that I had just spent my last $10,000 on my business. It makes a big difference when the stakes are high. Even if you are starting your home based business in your spare time, treat it seriously. Act like a professional. Commit to your own success.
Learn How To Produce More MLM Leads For Your Home Business Make Money Online: Blog Marketing and Home Business Kid's Face Painting - A Great Home Based Business! Ecommerce Web Host - Do You Beleive In? Protect Yourself in a Volatile Job Market Corpus Christi Homes for Sale – Great Attractions that Home Owners and their Guests Can Enjoy in Corpus Christi, Texas Before You Attract Prospects For Any Home Business, Here Are 4 Tasks You Need To Do First Tips To Start At Home Care Business Your Work From Home Business Depends On These Crucial Elements! Online Copy Writing A Business You Can Start From Home You Need To Work From Home and Generate Some Fast Cash? Why Advanced Security System has become more popular to protect House/Small Business How To Find The Best Home Business Programs
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.81.198) / Processed in 0.012520 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3504, 54,