Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » How To Survive The Holidays With Sass
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Survive The Holidays With Sass

As you approach your first holiday season solo

, does it seem like every jeweler in America is out to get you? You know what I mean. All those commercials where a beautiful but breathless woman warmly embraces her handsome man after finding a 45-carat diamond necklace in the glove box of her brand new giant-bow-adorned car. Ugh! Sometimes, the thought of spending time alone during the holidays made me feel like the world's biggest Scrooge. ButI had a choice to make: Either I could be a victim of the season or I could kick holiday butt.

Instead of being defeated by my new status as a single gal, here's how the latter option worked out for me: I had a schedule. This is very important. If you don't have a schedule, you can get caught up in woe-is-me time. My family celebrates on Christmas Eve. My first Christmas alone, I had the ENTIRE day on Christmas all to myself. Something that I really wasn't looking forward to. After all, I couldn't stroll the aisles of the book store for a couple hours just to get my mind off things. I couldn't order in my favorite Chinese food or even do a Taco Bell run. Unless I wanted to hang at my neighborhood Walgreen's (which IS open 365 days a year and would be sign of true desperation), I would have to be homeby myselffor hoursand hoursand hours. I made up my mind that I would try to make it as fun as I could and do everything that I loved.

Several days before Christmas, I chose a recipe that I'd been meaning to try and shopped for all the groceries needed to make it. I also bought myself a couple cool gifts that I really wanted and wrapped them. Yes, you read it right. I WRAPPED MY OWN PRESENTS. I am not ashamed to say that even if you think I'm a little crazy because I had the best time opening them up on Christmas morning. No joke. Afterwards, I made myself some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Easy enough. I lounged about, took a nice long bath and gave myself a manicure. I also watched "A Christmas Story" and "Grumpier Old Men" a couple times a piece. Around 6 p.m., I opened a bottle of wine and sipped it as I made myself a fabulous pasta dinner. It was a bit strange to sit down to a table alone (as my young daughter was with her father) but I did it. Then I relaxed some more and read the book that I gave myself. As I snuggled into bed that night and reflected on the day that I had been dreading, I thought to myself, "Wow. It wasn't that bad."

I'm convinced that having a plan and scheduling my day and being prepared really saved me. That's what I want for you. Your holiday to-do list looks like this, my Dear:How To Survive The Holidays With Sass

1. Chose your activities for the day. Whether you've got a few hours alone or a few days, what would make you feel great? Or at least good? Do that. Figure out your morning, afternoon and evening and stick to it.

2. Prepare yourself. In other words, if you need groceries to make something delicious, go get 'em! If you need some sensational gifts under your tree, get shopping! Also, be generous with yourself and get things you normally would never consider ~ splurge a little!How To Survive The Holidays With Sass

3. Relax and enjoy! Even if you have some moments of sadness creep up, allow them to be there. Give yourself a break because it's totally natural. However, don't let them be the boss of you. Say to yourself, "Okay. I'll have this feeling for 5 minutes and then your time is up!" Then have your time and let it go and get back to the business of cherishing you.

My hope for you is that this holiday season is an opportunity to be gentle with yourself and boost your confidence by spending time alone and doing it with style! Do it for you.

Happy Holidays, Gorgeous! Now go kick some holiday butt!

by: Laura Smith
Why Travel Insurance Is Vital Angola Travel Recommendations Travel Safety With A Child How To Travel On A Luxury Train Africa Things To Do On Holidays In Cyprus Tricks Of Booking Cheap Ski Holidays Travel Tips For Pet Owners Hotel Jobs Are Plentiful Near Africa Travel Hotspots Spending Summer Holidays In Dubai Will Be A Good Experience India Holidays Tour: Feel The Presence Of Indian Heritage Kerala Holidays Haven For Touring Connoisseurs Fun & Leisure Facilities In Reading Travelers Paradise Place In Goa Sea Beach
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.236.96) / Processed in 0.014690 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3849, 954,