Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » How To Strengthen Your Bond With Your Grandchildren
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Strengthen Your Bond With Your Grandchildren

This past holiday season, as I walked through a local boutique

, I saw all kinds of books, cards, plaques, and other collectible items that extolled the virtues of grandparents and grandchildren.

While some of the quotations and phrases could seem a bit cliche, they all made it clear that there is nothing quite like the relationship that exists between a grandmother and her grandchildren.

Though the rush and bustle of gift-giving is over for the moment, that doesn't mean you can't keep thinking about how to share keepsakes and heirlooms with your granddaughters that they will always cherish.

But in this generation that values mp3 players and text messaging, how can you still reach them in a way in which they will understand?How To Strengthen Your Bond With Your Grandchildren

That is tough question to answer, and there is no simple approach. After all, each grandchild is different, so you must do your best to spend quality time with each of them in order to best understand their interests, particularly as they relate to what you can share with them.

When grandchildren are still in their early years, they may not value a rendition of your life's story, but if that is the case, then you may consider keeping a daily journal with them in mind. You might even address it to them. This is a wonderful way to show them your most intimate self, allowing them a peek into all of the things that are most important to you.

But in my experience of being a granddaughter for going on twenty-three years, I have learned that there is little I appreciate more than being taught by my wiser elders. There are many arts that are beginning to go unused and out of style.

Cooking, baking, sewing, crocheting, and knitting are all beginning to fade, as successive generations become busier and more obsessed with convenience. So, take some time whenever possible to teach them what you know.

It doesn't have to be complicated. Thanks to new technologies, adding embellishments to traditional keepsakes--such as quilts and scarves--has become easier than ever.

Making fringe can be done by machine, even with common yarn. Don't shy away from these implements, as they can interest your young granddaughters in seemingly outdated activities.

Allow your grandchildren to share their own interests with you, too. Let go of your inhibitions when they invite you to play video games or listen to their new favorite music.

Gaining real closeness with your grandchildren can take some effort. You love them naturally, but it is invaluable to understand them, and to have them understand you. It is absolutely vital that you devote quality time to them whenever possible. The rest will follow.

by: Art Gib
Use Your Gift Of Nurturing Children To Start A Preschool Chiropractor In Marietta Ga | Treating Headaches In Children How Kids' Rugs Can Help A Child Learn How Spoiled Brats, Aka Children, Are Created Christmas Gifts - Top 5 Presents For Kids Baby Showers And Men Baby Gifts - Choosing The Best Gift Basket Get Ready For The New Baby! Preparing Your Baby Announcement And Shower Amazing Robotic Dinosaurs For Children Keeping Your Kids' Books Organized With Creative Shelving! Do Children Know The Definition Of Obey? The Good Things About Mini Circus Toys Is Your Landscaping Child-friendly?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.141.6) / Processed in 0.011800 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2795, 956,