insurances.net » Small Business » How To Get Action With Your Staff Reviews
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

How To Get Action With Your Staff Reviews

Ok DIRECT REPORT, that was a great session, we better get back note

, no close or follow up

Or

OK, DIRECT REPORT, let me summarize what we have discussed, we have covered XYZ and ABC, you will do GHJ and I will do KLP

Normally when a development session comes to a close, you end up with one of the three scenarios above.

They either

1. Just come to an end with no summary of action points or who is doing what

Or

2. You as the manager decide to get all of the action points down in an email to send them to your direct report

Or

3. You summarize the meeting of what was discussed and take responsibility for communicating the action points.

I recommend that you do not use any of the above

If I had to choose it would be 3 but instead here is what I recommend that you do.

Firstly you should concentrate more on the closure of a session than you have been doing. What is the point of a meeting if you do not concentrate on WHAT NEEDS to be done and WHEN rather than the WHY

Leave yourself more time than the normal 5 minutes you do at the moment to close the session.

As a general rule of thumb, if you are running a 60 minute session you should start to wrap up at the 40 minute mark leaving a good 20 minutes for the close.

So that my first recommendation.

My second recommendation is that to close you ask your direct report to summarize the meeting there and then and also ask them to document all of the action points and get them to send them TO YOU

Here is why:

1. You are making the direct report responsible for the meeting and the action points

2. You are ensuring that they have understood and listened to what you were both saying

3. If you start to do this during every session you will condition the direct report to pay closer attention to what is being said during the meeting because they know they will have to summarize and send you the action points at the end of it

4. It lightens your workload yippy I hear you shout

5. It promotes empowerment and shared responsibility for the development of the direct report.

6. You are acting as a leader rather than a note taker and backside wiper sorry about that last statement but I am sure you know where I am coming from with it

So, start to get your staff members to take more responsibility during your 1 to 1 coaching sessions.

The result will be awesome I can assure you

by: bebo
Terrorism Expert Overview Of Un Peacekeeping Recent Terrorist Attack Counter Terrorism Expert Outlines New Terrorist Targets By The Security Expert Remote It Support Helps Business Control Costs How To Modernize Your Workplace With Online Fax Reverse Mentoring In The Workplace Is Good For All Legatum Institute: India More Prosperous Than China Good Business Plans Make Investors Think: Why Not Starting A Web-based Business: Cost Saving Measures How to Promote Your Business Using Telemarketing Troubled Real Estate Texas Holdem Betting Actions - Montana Poker Have An Expertise Web Hosting Service Provider For Your Business The Process Of Preparing Toughened Glass And Usages
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.187.15) / Processed in 0.012899 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 52 , 2593, 146,