Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » How To Deal With Injuries When You Are On A Fitness Plan
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Deal With Injuries When You Are On A Fitness Plan

There's nothing worse than having an injury. Not only is there the pain you have to deal with, but it can disrupt your training schedule. You need to come up with a plan so you don't get stuck in a rut and find it unnecessarily difficult to get back on top of things.

Your first port of call should be a physiotherapist. Find one who is sympathetic to your needs. This might be a physio who is a runner themselves, or comes from a power lifting background, or a specific sports physio who understands that you don't want to be told to rest for a few weeks.

The physio will be able to assess and diagnose your injury. They will also tell you want exercises you need to avoid, and what exercises you need to do in order to get over your injury. If the physio DOES NOT give you this information, then GET A SECOND OPINION! If you are in Melbourne, I can recommend some who understand you don't want to rest and that you do have fitness goals.

The next step is to do everything they tell you. This might include mind numbing exercises and it might mean changing up your current training routine but you must do what they say to get better. If you have a personal trainer, they can liaise with the physio or you can tell them what you are allowed to do and what you are restricted from doing. Communication is key here!

If you have a knee injury then you can focus on your core and upper body. If you have a broken arm you can still focus on core and legs. If you have been told to avoid high impact activities like running or jumping then there are many low impact ways to increase your cardiovascular fitness.

Lately I have had an Achilles injury. It was incredibly painful to run and I was even limping while walking. I reduced my running frequency and performed the exercises prescribed by my physiotherapist. Because I was running less, I focused on heavy squats and deadlifts so my legs would get stronger. I also added in more low impact body weight circuits and kettlebell workouts to increase my cardiovascular fitness. After a few short weeks I am now running more again, and I am even running faster now my fitness has increased with all the low impact activity I was doing!

Remember, there is ALWAYS a way to train around injury. Get the right help, get a good plan and you will come out the other side better for it.
New York Auto Insurance For Your Vacation Follow Hockey Safety Tips Like These and Avoid Major Injuries Car Insurance Specific To The Need The Goal Of Attending Auto Shows How To Avoid Injury During Exercise Tips For Staying Safe At Automobile Shows Exactly Why Offer A Hybrid Automobile Tax Rebates? How To Get The Best Automobile Insurance Policy For Your Budget? Auto Insurance for High-Risk Drivers Importance of Auto Insurance News Make Clear Your Mind While Evaluting Auto Insurance Quotes Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Company Review Obtaining Temporary Car Insurance without a License
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.97.189) / Processed in 0.012214 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2473, 952,