Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » How To Advertise Your Ebay Business On One Of The Highest Ranked Websites On The Internet - For Free
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Advertise Your Ebay Business On One Of The Highest Ranked Websites On The Internet - For Free

When you are selling on eBay, your buyers can't come in to your shop and have a look around

. They can't meet you face to face. The internet and eBay are anonymous. This anonymity means buyers have a natural scepticism about who they are buying from. You need to overcome their natural scepticism.

eBay's ""About Me"" page gives you a chance to do this. But most sellers on eBay do not use the "About Me" page facility. I can only assume that they don't feel inclined to give personal details about themselves - and I don't blame them. Their customers aren't likely to be interested in their family and hobbies, etc. any way. But by not using the "About Me" page, most sellers, and therefore most of your competition, are making a HUGE mistake.

The "About Me" page gives you an opportunity to present yourself as a human being and present your business as a legitimate business. If you have an "About Me" page and your competitors don't, buyers will have more confidence buying from you. So your "About Me" page will increase your sales. If your competitors have an "About Me" page and you don't - you are likely to lose sales to your competitors.

If you are selling on eBay as a hobby or just to get rid of unwanted stuff around the house, you will appear more real, human and therefore more trustworthy to your potential customers if you include a picture of yourself and add a few lines of text about you on your "About Me" page. This will increase your customers' confidence about buying from you. This is particularly useful if you have a low feedback score.

But if you are running an eBay business, you want your "About Me" page to enhance your professional image. Your customers don't want to know about your personal life. They want to know about you as a seller. If they are looking at your "About Me" page it's probably because they've seen your listing and want to buy from you. But before they do they want reassurance that you are a reputable business. They want to have confidence in buying from you. Your listing has sold them on the idea of buying your product. Your "About Me" page has to sell them on the idea of buying from YOU rather than your competitor.

So consider your "About Me" page as a sales letter that is selling you and your business, rather than your product. Tell your customers why they should buy from you rather than your competition. eBay gives you the option to include your feedback on your "About Me" page. This is like having a list of testimonials for your business! Display your guarantees proudly in your "About Me" page.

You can have links to any reviews or guides that you've written (or had written for you) that are relevant to your niche. Display your contact details and address. Few potential customers will use them but seeing them clearly displayed will instil confidence that you are a legitimate business and have nothing to hide. All this will enhance your credibility in the eyes of your customers and encourage them to buy from you rather than from your competitors.

Your "About Me" page is also an excellent FREE advertising space for your business, your listings AND your non-eBay business (if you have one). Your "About Me" page can help you generate more subscribers to your list and ultimately make more sales on eBay and from your non-eBay business if you have one. Why would any sensible business person not use the "About Me" page facility?

You can use your "About Me" page to promote free offers or special offers. eBay provides HTML tags that you can use to invite people to subscribe to your newsletter, link to your shop, and show your items for sale. All of which can increase your sales now and encourage customers to come back to you in future.

You can also provide a link on your "About Me" page to your non-eBay website if you have one, so you can make sales off of eBay and so save on eBay fees increasing your profit.

If you don't have your own website, you can sign up as an affiliate to someone else's website who is selling something related to your niche, and paste the link that they give you into the "About Me" page template that eBay provide. In that way you can make money selling someone else's product without having to lift a finger!

Give your customers a reason to go to your "About Me" page by writing something relevant in your listings and any email correspondence that you send. For example, you could say: "See my "About Me" page for our terms and conditions"; "See my "About Me" page for full details of my no-quibble money-back guarantee"; "Visit my "About Me" page to get free information on (your niche)" or "Visit my "About Me" page to get more bargain offers", etc. Include a clickable link to your "About Me" page to make it easy for them to go there. If they have to search for your "About Me" page - they probably won't bother.

To get ideas, look at other seller's "About Me" pages (click on the "me" icon next to their User ID), especially those who have high sales (their number of feedbacks is shown in brackets after their User ID). What do other sellers have on their "About Me" pages that would encourage you to buy from them? If it works for them, it will work for you, too.

Once you have an "About Me" page you can alter it at any time. So don't worry about making it the ultimate, perfect "About Me" page right away. Just get a professional-looking "About Me" page up as soon as possible. Like many other things on eBay, you can easily test and tweak different things on your "About Me" page over time to see what works best for you in your niche. And it won't cost you a penny!

eBay makes it very easy to create your "About Me" page by providing a template that you can edit. You just enter your text, add pictures, then select a page layout. You can preview your page and once you've chosen a layout that you like, click the Submit button to save your page. Just follow eBay's simple instructions.

You can design a unique "About Me" page by using your own HTML code if you know how, or you can get someone to do it for you at www.scriptlance.com.

When you're finished, you can include your "About Me" web address (URL) in your listings and emails etc for people to click to view your "About Me" page. Other users will see the "me" icon next to your User ID. They can click on the icon to view your page and learn more about you and your business.

Don't break any of eBay rules about what you can and can't put in your "About Me" page or your account may be suspended. As eBay changes its rules from time to time, I haven't included them here. To check eBay's rules on "About Me" pages, click on the Help button at the top of any eBay page and type "About Me Guidelines" in the Search the Help pages box at the top of the page.

by: Martyn Boaden
How Can I Locate Marriage Records Online To See Someones Past I Want To Make Money Online, Where Do I Start? Network Should Go Unprotected Live Person Psychic Review - Live Online Psychic Reading Psychic Help Online - Live Person Psychic Online Trading Communities Online With Big Fish Games Free Drop Ship Body Jewelry Selecting The Best Internet Connection- Avoiding Connectivity Lags Learn everything about online slots! The New Google Adwords Keyword Selection Tool Proven Offline Marketing That Works - Newspaper Advertising Online Test Series – Helps in Exam Preparation
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.51.241) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.016118 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 7065, 973,
How To Advertise Your Ebay Business On One Of The Highest Ranked Websites On The Internet - For Free Columbus