Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » How I Read To My Kids Before They Were Born
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How I Read To My Kids Before They Were Born

Tip #1 : Read Out Loud

When I was pregnant with our first child twenty some years ago, I searched and read a lot of books about how to raise a smart and happy child. I wanted to find out what is developing in his/her little life of his/her first 12 months, the second year, the third year and so on. What I found out was that in every book I read they suggested reading out loud. When you communicate what you are reading audibly the vibrations, thoughts and words get into the air and create an environment for exploration. You should start even before the child is born because the environment you create for the child is extremely important to how well and how quickly they develop.

Tip #2 : Start Reading Early

There is no such thing as too early to read to the child. In fact I discovered the earlier the better. So we read to our unborn children whatever book we had on our hand - you wouldn't believe what we read to our kids! We read our children books on science,anatomy,bones and even medical text books (my husband was starting medical school). So he would read them out loud, even while he studied! What you read to your child gets embedded into their subconscious mind for their life.

Just as important as what you read to your child, is how you read it to them. The tone of your voice, emotion and expression used all have an impact on the child's development. Most of all they will learn to love reading at an early age, which will stick with them throughout their lives. Granted, not every child will love to read. So, as a parent we need to make reading fun and not boring and especially never using it as a punishment.

Tip #3 : Make Reading Fun

When they are young, they would do anything for you as long as it is enjoyable and fun and interesting. They depend on you to guide and teach them. They don't know with a little bit of mom's creativity, they develop their own creativities that last a life time through reading!

My daughter wrote short stories when she was in elementary school. She loves to read and write, even now. Whenever and wherever we go for vacation, we always look for the closest library for books. But as they get older they bring their own books. We have tons of great children's booksthat will help you find fun ways to get your children reading too!

Tip #4 : Find a Time and Stick to It

Schedule a set time each day designated just for reading. We always chose 5PM because I could read to them before dinner and my husband could come home and read to them as well. Vary what types of books you read to your child, fictional and non-fictional - in addition to medical text books we would also read books on poetry as well as fiction. One of our favorite fictional books to read our kids wasIf You Give A Mouse A Cookie. It's important to keep a balance with types of books so your kids don't lose their ability to dream but also have a healthy perspective on reality when they need to apply that dream in the world.

What tools did you use to get your kids reading? Let us know! We would like to share them with the rest of our readers if it's really good! Thanks for reading "From Mom To Mom" and come back for more tips next week!
Global Innovation Management: The Macros And Micros Of Innovation Some Helpful Tips for Your South Africa Holiday Plan by:Smartkathy Green Basic Fort Worth Residential Plumbing Repairs You Want To Address Before Buying Or Selling Weather in Maggie Valley - An Important Part of Visiting Maggie Valley by:Adam Rise The Need Of Best Cleanse For Weight Loss Hcg Weight Loss Plan Makes It Ease To Shed Fats Managed Security Services: Simplifying Security Operations For Global Organizations Customize your Web Design according to your Customer Profiles How To Create A Web Design & Development Contract Agreement Online Directories Offer Comprehensive Information On Harley Street Doctors Duties Of Drug Enforcement Agency Punta Cana International Christmas Leads Suites Packages Gourmet And Marvels 27 Year Old Woman Dies Due To Seven Month Hold Up In The Diagnosis Of Her Colon Cancer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.165.246) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.012074 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3374, 975,
How I Read To My Kids Before They Were Born Amsterdam