Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » How Dangerous are the ADHD Medication Treatments?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How Dangerous are the ADHD Medication Treatments?

How Dangerous are the ADHD Medication Treatments

?

Considering ADHD medication as a treatment option? Then you may be interested in reading a letter I recently from a Mom who went down that route:Just listen what little J had to go through. he was put on both Ritalin and Risperdal. I have had to take him off both of them urgently. We went back to the GP because he was in too much pain to walk, every time I touched him he would cry out in pain and was covered in bruises. Several blood and other tests later. it was apparent that the medicine was responsible for the symptoms. Within days of stopping the meds he was OK.I never really got down to reading all the stuff about these meds - I just needed help with his behaviour - I wish I had listened now!These side effects on generally listed on the side of the pack although the list appears to be endless but new side effects are being identified all the time now - including memory problems in adolescentsHowever..... researchers into heart disease in the USA have found these drugs can affect the heart as well. These traditional medications are now know to increase heart rate and blood pressure and they are recommending that all children should be screened before being prescribed this medication because of the huge increase in prescriptions for stimulant medication.Ritalin is now being prescribed on an ever increasing basis.Interestingly a study funded by Novartis the pharmaceutical company known to have produced Ritalin and who sponsored the parent support groups who originally defined the behavioural criteria leading to the ADHD diagnostic checklist. Their research cites that the problems seem to relate underlying heart problems in patients. One of the scientists reporting back on such findings is a Dr. Malone who has reported financial relationships with 3 major pharmaceutical companies.The implications of this are quite clear that all children whose parents are contemplating this type of medication for their children need to have their child's hearts screened before starting treatment. Now if there is any further doubt - it might be helpful at this point to google ADHD and Matthew Smith 's story, also the poignant story on youtube, as told by his father after his death 10 years ago from the effects of this medication. Matthew was put on this drug after pressure on his parents from school.It is probably a good idea not to give thesee drugs to very young children, whatever the diagnosis. You would be forgiven for thinking that this might go without saying because of all of the developmental implication in the brains of children at this age that can be compromised by this type of treatment. However as far back as 1991 and 1995 - prescriptions for toddlers aged 2-4 years old increased by 300% .Just evaluate all the possibilities when thinking how to treat ADHD in your child - in a recent Australian study where a sample of young people were diagnosed with ADHD and then re-evaluated by a multi disciplinary team - I in 3 were found not to have ADHD.The great ADHD and medicine debates will continue no doubt.....
Photodynamic Therapy For Lung Cancer OCD Treatment - Why Most of The Treatment Does Not Work? Mesothelioma Litigation Can And Does Lead To Justice For Those Suffering From This Rare Cancer Leucorrhoea Remedies - Effective White Discharge Treatment Seven Significant Steps Of In-vitro Fertilization Treatment Indian Spices May Help Cure Cancer Ringing In Your Ears Cure - 3 Treatments For Ringing In The Ears You Have To Know Prostate Cancer Screening- What You Need To Know Erase Age Spots And Even Out Skin Tone Naturally - 4 Treatments You Should Use How and Where to get Anxiety Treatments Lymph Nodes Cancer Turn to Natural Herpes Treatments Choose Natural and Safe Treatment for Molluscum
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.179.186) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.005589 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 3132, 301,
How Dangerous are the ADHD Medication Treatments? Amsterdam