Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » How Can I Have My Motorcycle Delivered Safely?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How Can I Have My Motorcycle Delivered Safely?

Any motorbike lover will tell you that the easiest and most enjoyable way of delivering a motorcycle is to simply ride it yourself

. There is not much better than the feeling of taking your bike out on the open road. However there are times when this is simply not possible. If you are working and have to have it sent during the week, if you need to deliver your bike a new country entirely or if you need to move multiple bikes for example.

Alternatives

When you do not have the chance to ride the hog yourself, you will likely have to rely on the courier services of a transport provider. It will of course make sense to hire a transporter that works exclusively with the delivery of motorcycles. Motorcycle transporters will have the experience and equipment necessary to load, transport and unload your bike quickly and safely. The motorbike will either be placed inside the transporters van/lorry or towed on an open or enclosed trailer.

Freight is another option you may want to consider when transporting your motorbike. This may be cheaper than using a motorcycle transporter you plan on transporting it internationally. If you choose this option, your bike will be loaded into a crate and delivered to a shipping depot. delivery is not carried out between locations chosen specifically by you.

washing your motorcycle

This may seem like an unnecessary step, especially if you choose to have it transported by open trailer. However it does serve a purpose beyond impressing your transport provider. By thoroughly cleaning the bike you will be able to clearly see any dents or scratches that should then be recorded. Equally, it will make it easier to see if any damage has occurred during transit.

Preparing your bike for transport

Make sure the battery is fully charged and check that no liquids are leaking. Any additional equipment attached to the motorcycle should be removed whenever possible. You can still have extras transported, as motorcycle transporters will usually be happy to include spare parts for your motorbike, documentation and keys at no extra cost.

If the motorcycle is functional you should make sure it is roadworthy fluids are topped up, the petrol tank is at around full and tyres are inflated. If the motorcycle is not operational you should tell the transporter. This will be taken into consideration when they organise the shipment of your bike.

Create an inventory of all the existing faults, quirks and damages the bike has. This will serve you well should a dispute ever arise with your chosen motorbike delivery company. Taking dated photos of your motorcycle will also help your case.

by: Brian Fantana
Don't Forget To Include Fibre In Your Diet Halloween on Spooner Street Quick and Interesting Way to Werri Beach Great Ideas To Make Your Wedding Shine! Find a LAST MINUTE FLIGHT for you ideal holiday with Direct Flights Personal Loan Stands In The Mid Of Rising Interest Rates Diagnosing Bladder Cancer Book Onlineappointment With Doctors In Delhi Queen Of Netherlands' Birthday Ball At Iberotel Palace by:Nancy Georggy Good Aruba Hotel Party At Aruba Hotel Quality Services Program A Tour To Aruba Best Price Residence Colour Preference Shows Your Personality You And Your Spouse Are The Center Of Your Blended Family Check out Hair Style Ideas as per the shape of your face
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.131.238) / Processed in 0.011748 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2744, 975,
How Can I Have My Motorcycle Delivered Safely?