Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » How Can Colorado Springs Dermatologists Help Me With My Varicose Veins?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How Can Colorado Springs Dermatologists Help Me With My Varicose Veins?

How Can Colorado Springs Dermatologists Help Me With My Varicose Veins?

How Can Colorado Springs Dermatologists Help Me With My Varicose Veins

?

Varicose veins aren't pretty to look at. That's a basic fact of life. Varicose veins can also cause pain, swelling, itchiness and cramps. In some cases, they can also cause scarring and a reduced ability for your legs to heal from simple wounds. Varicose veins are treatable, however, and Colorado Springs dermatologists offer relief and treatment for those suffering from this unsightly skin condition.

What are varicose veins?

Varicose veins occur when the valves occurring in the veins in our legs become defective. Small leaflet valves in our leg veins are there to keep the blood flowing toward the heart and not away. When the valve becomes defective the blood flows back into the vein and causes the veins to become enlarged and discolored. Affected veins are the reticular (larger) and telangiectasias (smaller or spider) veins.How Can Colorado Springs Dermatologists Help Me With My Varicose Veins?

What causes varicose veins?

Sadly, the main cause seems to be heredity. If your parents had them, you are more likely to get them as well. Other factors that cause varicose veins include obesity, menopause, pregnancy and simple aging. Also, long periods of standing, abdominal straining, or leg injury can be contributing factors.

What treatments are available for my varicose veins?

Dermatologists have a number of treatments available to reduce or remove varicose veins, from the simple to the complex.

Easy cures for early stage varicose veins include elevating the feet, which can temporarily relieve some of the symptoms and the use of elastic compression stockings which reduce swelling and increase circulation. These cures usually only provide temporary relief of symptoms.

For more permanent treatment of varicose veins, there are other treatments both surgical and non-surgical.

There are a few surgical options. One such option is stripping, which is the actual removal of the infected veins. Since the veins which typically turn varicose carry less than ten percent of the blood to the heart, this removal doesn't adversely affect the vascular system. Other surgical options are CHIVA, vein ligation and cryosurgery.

Non-surgical options for the treatment of varicose veins include sclerotherapy, which involves injecting medicine in the veins to reduce their size or endovenous laser treatment which is the use of lasers to reduce the size of the veins.

These and other treatments are available by using your network of Colorado Springs Dermatologists. Dermatologists in the Colorado Springs area are available for all dermatological needs, including the treatment of varicose veins.

by: John Malcolm
Make Your Future Excursion A Fun Filled Trip With An Exciting Trek In The Coastal Region Of Los Ange Dreaming Of A Memorable St Lucia Trip? Use These Hints To Grab Amazing Rates St Lucia Accommodations Copenhagen Travel Trivia On Plenty Options At Popular Hotels And Activities For A Tour In North Don't Book India Airline Travel Before Realizing How To Use These Strategies On How To Score Super D A Wonderful Tourist Destination Points In Experiencing A Amusing Escape In Tijuana Travel Pointers Exploring Argentina A Taste Of Showcase Of Popular Attractions Flavors Of Argentina Trying To Find Hot-lanta Last Minute Cruise Trips? Follow These Secrets On Ways To Find Top-notch La Travel Along With Ideas Helping You With Major Discounts Or Scrumptious Meals On Amazing Cheap San D Austin Inexpensive Fare For Old Generation And Travel Oriented : Advice In Regard To Getting Any Hou Where Should You Select Inexpensive Tucson, Arizona Holidays In Order To Experience A Great Time The Supreme Tourist Spots Opinions In Having A Enjoyable Adventure In Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Private Jet Travel To The 2010 Tennis U.s Open
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.143.170) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.014342 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 2766, 954,
How Can Colorado Springs Dermatologists Help Me With My Varicose Veins? Vairano Patenora