Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Have You Ever Wanted to Be a Summer Camp Counselor?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Have You Ever Wanted to Be a Summer Camp Counselor?

Have You Ever Wanted to Be a Summer Camp Counselor?

Have You Ever Wanted to Be a Summer Camp Counselor

?

If you ask people about their favorite summers during their college years, many will tell you the rich and funny stories of being a summer Camp Counselor. And, if you ask me, I would do the same. In this article, I would like to describe the benefits of this great summer job.

I remember early mornings with the cool, misty fields behind our cabin. I would go running in those fields before breakfast, and then I would head down to the mess hall with the boys from my unit for the first meal of the day.

I was a summer camp counselor at a performing arts camp, so my memories are filled with music, visual arts, drama performances and late night camp fires before "lights out." The camp was located on a beautiful lake, so there was lots of canoeing, sailing, swimming and goofing off at the water's edge.Have You Ever Wanted to Be a Summer Camp Counselor?

And I made friendships that lasted for many years. In fact, I'm still friends with some of the other summer camp counselor staff members even to this day. As summer camp counselor staff, we would have time to run into town on our days off for pizza or a movie, and there was lots of time at night to talk about our day, what we were learning, and what challenges our campers were facing.

My time as a summer camp counselor was also a time of important personal growth. Learning to serve on a team, being a trusted leader to my campers, and growing in my abilities in problem solving and working through challenges all were valuable life lessons I received as a summer camp counselor.

The pay was modest, but all my meals and lodging were free, and the learning and growth I took away from those summers still helps me today. And the great friendships that I've enjoyed over the years make up the kind of pay I've been thankful over and over again.

As an Executive Director of a summer camp in Ohio, I now get to witness the life-changing experiences our summer camp counselor staff members experience every year. And many of our staff members come back year after year. So, if you are looking for a rich and rewarding job, being a summer camp counselor may be one of the best decisions you make in your college years.

---

Are you looking for a great place to work this summer and make an impact for God? Mark Dubler, Executive Director of Otyokwah Camp & Retreat Center, is looking to employ some awesome summer camp staff for 2011 (May 31-Aug 13). Are you one of them? Apply now!
Celebrities and their handbags How to get abs for the summer Travel Far But Eat Locally USA and American Visas The 5 Best Places in the World For a Destination Wedding The National Date Festival and Riverside County Fair Costa Rica Travel Advice For Everyone The Best Babysoy Products for Travel Barcelona Day Tour Sightseeing Tours From Budapest: Danube Bend, Puszta Tour, Lake Balaton Enjoy the Best of Dubai with a Helicopter Ride and Dubai Shopping tour Donald Trump Compliments Lisa Rinna on Celebrity Apprentice Hunter Valley Sightseeing Tour
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.84.29) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.005241 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2556, 954,
Have You Ever Wanted to Be a Summer Camp Counselor? Seattle