Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Harvest Fun and Surprise in Taiwan
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Harvest Fun and Surprise in Taiwan

Last summer, I travel to Taiwan, China to visit auntie who married a Chinese and lived in Taiwan for more than20 years

. It was my first time to Taiwan, so I searched a lot on the Internet before traveling. Officially, Taiwan is known as the Republic of China (R.O.C.), but do not be confused with the People's Republic of China (P.R.C.), which is known as mainland China. The best time to travel is in February for the Taiwan Lantern Festival or in June to watch the world-famous Dragon Boat Races during the Dragon Boat Festival; however, I missed that chances. But I found that there are so many delicious foods and a great number of attractive places to visit.

A lot of people hold the opinion that Taiwan is a gem in the China Seas, embodying a unique entangling of ancient and modern, East and West. From the bustling commercial center of the capital city, Taipei, to the cascading volcanic mountains of Yushan National Park, Taiwan offers every traveler an unmatched experience and taste. My auntie told me that Portuguese explorer named this island 'Ilha Formosa', or the beautiful island, which made it irresistible to me. Therefore, I grabbed my ticket and headed for Taiwan.

When I arrived in Taiwan, my cousin suggested me to understand and enjoy diversity in Taiwan alone for more fun. Then I carried my backpack, notebook and camera to find it. My first stop in Taiwan is the famous Taipei 101. Taipei 101 is regarded as one of Taiwan's most prominent cultural symbols, which is the world's tallest building, measuring 508 meters and 101 floors. Finished in 2003, the tower signifies Taiwan's substantial economic growth from the periphery of the global economy to become one of the four Asian Tigers, as well as the government's dedication to a democratic society separate from that of China. Tainan, the oldest and fourth largest city on the island, offers a more authentic and less commercialized window into Taiwanese culture. Temples and Memorial Arches define this city where the Ching Dynasty once prayed to the God of War.

Another place that attracts me is the Taiwan terrain, which is recreation and ecotourism.Harvest Fun and Surprise in Taiwan

Exploration of the thriving urban centers is only one of ways to get in close touch with Taiwan. The rugged topography of Taiwan is decorated with magnificent peaks, lush valleys and dramatic waterfalls. Yushan National Park is home to the island's tallest peak. Jade Mountain, which towers at 2,610 meters. You can hike to the summit and take the more technical route down or simply enjoy the breathtaking view from the Tatachia Visitor Center, accessible directly from the new Central Cross-Island Highway. From Jade Mountain, descend deep into Taroko Gorge on Taiwan's rocky and secluded east coast. This 12-mile-long canyon is home to the natural open-air Wenshan hot springs and the Atayal people, one of Taiwan's remaining aboriginal tribes. The rocky cliffs at the canyon's end are a starting point for those who wish to travel farther into Taiwan's history. The surrounding Pacific Ocean is sprinkled with beautiful green islands that have unique native histories and are mostly accessible by plane or ferry. Most of the pristine and dramatic destinations are protected by Taiwan's National Park Department, which offers an array of lodging and guiding services and has proven to be a well-organized resource for the outdoor sightseer.

Since my holiday was too short to stay in Taiwan for a long time, I did not get satisfied with my travel there, but I took a lot photos and I will go there someday to have more fun.

By: linda
Christmas Gifts - 2010 Typically A Well-liked Solution. Tour Tips Of Paris In Dash Receivers for Lonesome Travellers Speculating Natural gas news across the United States and other countries Meet Your Airport Travel Needs With A Pearson Airport Limo Or Taxi Makeup Tips For Traveling Costa Del Sol The Golf And Party Destination Golf Holidays At San Francisco Golf Holidays At San Diego Learn How To Travel The World For Free! American President, Avid Golfer Golf Holidays At Pebble Beach A Magical And Thrilling Destination Of Canada
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.67.203) / Processed in 0.013762 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3741, 954,