Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Hark the Herald Angels Sing, What Does Christmas Really Mean?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hark the Herald Angels Sing, What Does Christmas Really Mean?

Hark the Herald Angels Sing, What Does Christmas Really Mean

?

I was listening to a talk radio show a few days ago when a British-born muslim gentleman called in to say that Christmas, to him, is about spending time with his family, buying presents for his children and putting up Christmas decorations.

The next caller, a Christian woman, said Christmas to her was about spending quality time with her friends and family. These comments made me ponder how relevant the religious significance of Christmas really is in present day UK.

Although much has been said and written on how Christmas has snowballed into a commercial ritual, my question is this: how should Christmas really be celebrated?

Now, with Christian scriptures being silent on Christmas, how it should be celebrated and the exact date and year of Jesus' birth, it really is little wonder that the origins of this commemorative holiday is steeped in so much controversy.

I do not intend to fuel this controversy as I really have nothing to add to what historians and some Christian theologians have already said and written on this subject. I do, however, wonder if there ever was a period in the UK, within living memory, when Christmas was a truly religious affair?

If the comments made by the Muslim gentleman and Christian woman, are anything to go by, maybe Christmas has now become a secular holiday with no religious significance whatsoever.

Personally, I do believe in Jesus Christ and his miraculous birth, but I do not mark the occasion as a religious holiday. Consequently, Christmas has no religious significance for me, although it accords me two weeks off work annually to relax and 'chill out' in preparation for the new year.

Feel free to leave a narrative comment if you want to.

Happy Holidays !
Panama City Travel Deals Are the Best Value Vegas, Nv Ads For The Backpacker From Motels, Caf, Day Tour And Band Watching Making Decisions On Christmas Cards What Makes Holiday Photo Cards Special Numerous Pointers For Hubbies Executives And Tourists In Planning Lowest Lahaina Hotel Service Unforgettable Vegas Trip Info Regarding World-class Accomodations Things You Must Do Gourmet Cuisine Travellers Insights Dominica Merry Christmas! From E'shee Reasonable-priced But Unforgettable As Well As Perfect Journey Only With Vegas Nevada Holiday Packag Book Your Kauai Beachfront Hotel Rooms To Organize A Great Break Today Find Cheap Accommodation At London Hostels And Youth Hostels Get Your Australian Eta Visa And Find Work In Australia Planning for your Christmas Staff Party
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.234.141) / Processed in 0.011410 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 1891, 954,