Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Gluten Free Christmas Treats
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Gluten Free Christmas Treats

Are you here looking for a Gluten Free Christmas Cookies or Candy recipes?

If you are in the midst of Merry-making madness, then you know that a few good Holiday recipes are all you need in order to feel like you are part of the Merriment and not merely an observer.

My first gluten-free Christmas was a bit of a bumpy road. While I could find the super-sealed, shelf-permanent gluten-free bread; none of it was tasty. And the French Pie that my mom always made was made with a gluten-free crust that we made together however the recipe called for over one and a half cups of oil PLUS a quarter cup of butter (!!!). We almost choked when we read the recipe and were quite repulsed while baking. Now there's a holiday memory NOT worth repeating.Gluten Free Christmas Treats

So I wised up. I made gluten-free Christmas the easy way: au natural. After all, what's more gluten-free AND delicious than fresh fruit, vegetables and organic meats? We made rustic meals and loved every minute of it. And then the cookie-exchange parties hit and I felt a little left out of the holiday sugar-high.

What are you making to share this season?

Here is the recipe for our Peppermint Bark Bites. This recipe makes 100 pieces a tad more than 8 dozen. (Perfect for tasting, if you ask me!)

Layered Peppermint Bark Bites

Ingredients:

3 16 oz. bags of dark chocolate chips

3 16 oz. bags of white chocolate chips

12 peppermint candy canes, crushed

2 3 teaspoons peppermint extract

1 Tablespoon butter

100 mini-muffin paper liners

Directions:

Fill a saucepan with 2-3 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer.

While waiting for the water to boil, lay out/spread out the 100 mini-muffin liners on to cookie sheets on a work surface. Be sure to have them all ready to go before you begin to melt the chocolate.

Set a metal serving bowl over the edge/on top, but not touching the water.

Dump in the three bags of dark chocolate chips and add the butter. Melt together while stirring constantly until the chocolate is smooth.

Add the 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract (or a little more, if you prefer).

Remove the bowl from the water/heat. Using a tablespoon, drizzle dark chocolate into each muffin liner until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick or a little more. Continue until all muffin cups have dark chocolate on the bottom.

Clean the bowl completely and dry completely before continuing.

*NOTE* White chocolate will seize and not melt to a smooth consistency if any moisture or oil are in the bowl. Be sure to dry the bowl and the spatula/stir utensil completely before proceeding.

In a clean/dry bowl over the simmering water, dump the white chocolate chips. Stir constantly until they melt to a smooth consistency.Gluten Free Christmas Treats

Remove from the heat. Use a tablespoon to drizzle or drop white chocolate on to each dark chocolate-lined muffin cup. Continue until all muffin cups have white chocolate.

Sprinkle each muffin cup with crushed peppermint and push the peppermint in to the chocolate slightly.

Allow pans of muffin cups to cool completely before trying to pack up for your cookie exchange or add to gift jars. (Or cool by sliding the trays in to your refrigerator.)

For more great gluten free recipies and ideas I'd highly recommend reading the Gluten-Free Christmas Cookbook
Money does not get you into paradise! Belief in God does not cost money but gets you into paradise Holiday Deal Egypt Country Profile 2010 Learn Japanese In Japan - Make It An Unforgettable Trip The Most Elegant Triplet Crib! What To Do During Rhodes Holidays 2011? How To Decide Five Star Hotel Or Beach Hotel In Goa? Holiday In Greece Is Always A Special Experience Majorca Holidays Set To Rock In 2011 Fashion Reading Glasses Make Top Christmas Presents Desire Of A Tourist To Enjoy A Phuket Holiday An Overview of Touring Ethiopia India Promises Holidays Of A Life-time
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.116.36.192) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.013533 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 56 , 3576, 954,
Gluten Free Christmas Treats Atlanta