Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Global Selling
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Global Selling

Global Selling

Many inventors don't think about selling their products internationally when they first start out

. It's hard enough just selling them in your neighborhood. But it can be done and the Internet has made it easier for the small inventor/manufacturer.

Being in the U.S. I always thought I'd manufacture my product in the U.S. But after trying it once and barely breaking even, I realized I would have to move my manufacturing to China, like most of the rest of the world. It took a few tries to find a good, honest factory, but I finally found the right one.

Dealing with China has its own challenges, like the language barrier. This is why it's a good idea to have someone there who can act as a middleman. Pay them a percentage. It's worth it. They have a better understanding of the local culture and can help iron out any problems that arise. They will also be in a better position to negotiate prices for you.

I've found that there is a different sense of urgency there, so you want to make sure you allow plenty of time to get your merchandise. Don't cut things too close. They also seem to have an awful lot of holidays, and some can last weeks. So plan accordingly. You never know how many orders they have ahead of yours.

Factor in all extra expenses and adjust your prices so you don't get the short end of the stick. Make sure everything is discussed beforehand.

When quoting your customer's prices take everything into account, like the taxes and duties they will have to pay once it gets to them and what kind of certifications you will need, if any for their country. I always get 50% up front and 50% before they leave the port. Collecting money from a foreign country is a nightmare legal hassle. Make sure it's all in your bank account before inventory leaves the port.

I've found the easiest way to sell internationally is through distributors. They buy in volume and basically run their own business. I just help them with marketing and publicity. They hire their own employees and do their own advertising.

A good way to get the word out about your product is by getting listed in online wholesale directories. There is also plenty of international PR that you can do to call attention to your brand.

There's a great big world out there waiting to buy your products. They just need to know how to find you.

by: Julie Austin
Know About Corporate Insurance In India Saudi Housing Market To Register Fast Pace Growth See How A Personal Coach Can Help You Succeed How To Begin Home Baking Business How Can You Lose Weight After Pregnancy Picking The Right Activity Table For Your Kids Assessing General Liability Insurance Companies Creating Wonderful Usage Of Family Plastic Adhbins Personal Coach Ft Lauderdale Nine Different Styles of Wearing Thigh High Boots by:Mia Thomson Silver Wedding ceremony Rings Terrific Home Business Concepts You Can Easily Start Now Weight Reduction Practices
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.184.189) New York / New York City Processed in 0.005064 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2495, 975,
Global Selling New York City