Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Gianni Truvianni's "South Africa 2010", Germany Takes Third Place With 3-2 Victory Over Uruguay
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Gianni Truvianni's "South Africa 2010", Germany Takes Third Place With 3-2 Victory Over Uruguay

Gianni Truvianni's "South Africa 2010", Germany Takes Third Place With 3-2 Victory Over Uruguay

World cup matches for third place are what I would classify as friendly competitive encounters between two teams who were somehow good enough to get to the semifinals yet not to the final. It being a match between two teams who were but one win away from the big game yet did not quite get the job done when it counted. I, for my part ask does it really matter who is third or fourth in a world cup? After all we are not talking about the difference between being the champ and the runner-up and there is really not a bronze medal for the team which comes in third or a place on a podium yet this game is played and is usually an open affair. This given that most teams consider third place important enough to try for yet not overly that they are too afraid to loose.

Regarding this world cup's match for third place, it was played between Uruguay and Germany; who in fact were playing each other for third place for the second time in their history. This also being a first that two teams played each other twice for third place. Germany for what concerns the match came out on top by a score of 3-2 in a game in which Klose sat out and naturally did not get to tie Ronaldo's record for most world cup goals ever scored by a single player yet I ask does this statistic truly matter? This being a separate issue, I would say that today's match was one of the most interesting I have seen in this world cup as the scoring got started early when Germany scored a goal just 18 minutes in to the match when Muller capitalized on a shot which Muselera should have held on to instead of giving away a rebound.

Uruguay however did not lose heart and went forward, getting the equalizer at the 28 minute mark of the game when Cavani scored his first goal of the world cup. It in fact being a 1-1 score which would end the half yet more was to come as in the second half both teams did their utmost to win. It being Forlan, who managed to catch a mid air volley just right which he bounced off the ground and in to the back of the net; leaving German goalkeeper, Butt frozen in place as he observed the goal which put Uruguay on top by 2-1.Gianni Truvianni's "South Africa 2010", Germany Takes Third Place With 3-2 Victory Over Uruguay

Uruguay in fact had been out playing Germany and if it had not been for misses by Suarez would have been up by at least two goals yet they had not taken advantage of their scoring opportunities. Germany however at this point moved forward and got the equalizer when another Muslera mistake gave Jansen his first goal of the tournament which made the score 2-2.

With the match tied at 2-2, Germany pushed forward and it was Khedira who 83 minutes in to the game scored to give his side the lead as well as third place in this world cup. Khedira's goal coming from a center which took an unfortunate bounce of Lugano. Germany at this point were up 3-2 yet Uruguay was not ready to concede defeat as they attacked and came ever so close to the goal which would have send it in to overtime yet Forlan's shot hit the crossbar of the free kick which ended the match. This reminding me of the time Italy hit the cross in the last minute of their match for third place against Brazil; in an encounter in which they would loose by 2-1.

In conclusion, I would say that it was not a bad match and both teams have something to be proud of and perhaps in four years, they will be back to once again compete for top honors in the world cup.
Your Special Christmas Hats Wildlife Sanctuaries in India – Enjoy Traveling In Wilderness Florist In Phoenixville - How To Choose The Right One? Chardham A Great Spiritual Tour of Hindu Sapa Tour Tips - Visiting minority villages Inviting Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Resort Options Plus Legitimate Views For Tourists Traveling to Russian hotels Becoming a Trend India Tour Packages Continue Record Sales Keep Traveling in Tough Economic Times LG Optimus 7 deals – Make your life festive LLB and Tourism degree – good career opportunities Dominican Republic Climate Plan Your Holidays with our Full Spain Travel Guide
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.188.174.246) Paraiba / Alagoa Nova Processed in 0.013144 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3556, 954,
Gianni Truvianni's "South Africa 2010", Germany Takes Third Place With 3-2 Victory Over Uruguay Alagoa Nova