Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Get a Lifetime of Fun With Wooden Toys
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Get a Lifetime of Fun With Wooden Toys

It seemed like growing up there was not a kid in my neighborhood that did not have classic wooden toys that you still see today

. Work benches for boys, log cabins and building blocks are just a few of the toys that were in my neighborhood. The sheer durability of them and their timeless fun makes for a lifetime of fun out of these toys.

My grandparents were even playing with some of these traditional wooden toys that babies are still playing with today. My personal favorite though would have to be the log cabin kits, like Lincoln Logs. You could build up different sized cabins and then play with your other toys along with the wooden cabin. For those of you who did not get to play with Lincoln Logs, you truly missed out. Inside these kits you would find miniature wooden logs that were made with notches at each end so you were able to stack the wooden logs on top of each other sturdily.

Lincoln logs were first invented back in 1916 and then were picked up in 1918 to be mass produced. Even though most people think these logs were named after former president, Abraham Lincoln, they were actually named after the inventors father! The design of the Lincoln Log came about while inventor, John L. Wright, was inspecting an earthquake proof basement in Tokyo. Most of the kidt were made completely out of wood up until the 1970's when things changed. There were dozens of manufacturers that switched to plastic simply because it was much cheaper. However, there are a few suppliers left that only produce wooden logs.

In some of my childhood pediatrician offices and day cares there were educational wooden toys set up as well. When I was at day care I would play with the wooden tic tac toe board and the shape fitting board as well. Since they were considered educational toys too, building blocks were often found at many of these places. Personally the building blocks were a bit cooler than the logs because they allowed you to make more than just a few different designs. Castles, bridges, home and many other structures were all options with building blocks.Get a Lifetime of Fun With Wooden Toys

There are some wood building kits for the people who want a bit more design room too. With these kits you can make Appalachian homes and other varieties of homes too. There may be a couple local retailers that sell classic wooden toys but most of them can really only been found at online retailers. If you really want to get the best selection and price for these wooden toys then you should really start shopping online because you will see many more options there.

Making your own wooden toys from home is also an option for you too. Building a wooden guitar or even building blocks is a great family activity to get you back together too. For the puzzle lover you can even make a medium to large jig saw puzzle. With wooden toys there are so many options out there for you to choose from. You can make a wooden rocking horse, a variety of different cars, wooden guitars and even alphabet building blocks for your new wooden toy building project. Whichever way you decide to go, be it building your own or buying your own wooden toys, there is a fit out there online and locally for you. You will soon see why they provide a lifetime of fun and learning with their classic value as well after purchasing the toys.

By: Paul Nerrad
What is Parental Alienation and How to Protect Your Children and Create a Parenting Plan! The Importance Of Reliable Childcare And Church Buses Speech Therapy and Treatment for Children with Language Disorders How To Successfully Travel With Kids One Summer Can Make The Difference Of A Lifetime In A Child Depression In Children – Serious Concern For Parents What You As a Single Parent Should Know About Your Child From Age 2 to 5 Child Allergies Doctors admit now that they may be the Cause of a Good Number Flying Kites With Kids: 3 Things To Consider Child Anxiety Attacks And Why They Are Hard To Recognize Childhood Anxiety Attacks - A Simple 5 Step Method That Will Help Your Child Overcome Panic Attacks The Different Types Of Ride On Toys For Kids The Benefits of Junior Golf for Children and Teens
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.181.145) / Processed in 0.010555 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3426, 956,