Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Gentling Dental Rochester Mn, Family Dentist, Childrens Dentist
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Gentling Dental Rochester Mn, Family Dentist, Childrens Dentist

4 Answers to your questions about Family Dentistry

1. What is Family Dentistry?

Family dentistry is the practice of general dentists who care for patients of all ages. They treat you and your entire family and care for your overall health. Your family dentist is responsible for the diagnosis, treatment and overall service to meet your oral health needs. If you ever need specialized dental treatment, your family dentist assist you in finding the specialized care you need.

2. How should I care for my teeth as I get older?

Maintaining good oral health is not only vital to having a healthy body, it can keep you smiling well into retirement. Brush at least twice a day (more often if you have periodontal disease) with a fluoride toothpaste and a soft brush. Flossing in critical in removing plaque from between the teeth and below the gum line where your tooth brush can not reach.

3. How can I protect my childs oral health?

In addition to brushing and flossing twice a day, be sure to bring your child for regular checkups twice a year. Your childs first dental appointment should be schedules for 6 month after the first tooth emerges, generally about 1 year of age. This first appointment will just be a quick check to see how the the beginning tooth structure.

As your child gets older, speak with your dentist about the need for mouth guards if your child is playing sports such as basketball, baseball or soccer.

4. What should I do if my childs tooth gets knocked out?

Call your dentist immediately if a tooth gets knocked out, even on the weekend. Timing is critical to saving the tooth. Thirty minutes can make the difference between saving and losing a tooth. Handle the tooth by the crown, never the root, and rinse gently under running water. For a child, place the tooth in a small container of milk to take to the dentist. For an adult, place the tooth in your mouth between the check and gum to keep it from drying out.

If a tooth is pushed out of alignment, use light finger pressure to gently push the tooth back into position. Do not force the tooth. Then bite down to keep the tooth from moving. Again, see your dentist as soon as possible.

The three most critical steps to having a lifetime of healthy teeth.

1. Brush your teeth after every meal, at least three times a day. Floss at least once a day.

2. Eat a well-balanced diet. Good nutrition helps you maintain healthy teeth.

3. Have your teeth examined and cleaned every six months, more if you have gum disease or other conditions that place you at greater risk of oral health problems.

by: Rochester Professional
Dental implants, a long term solution for teeth loss Can A Cosmetic Dentistr Fix Crooked Teeth? Cosmetic Dentist Harley Street Are you incisive for a dentist Manhattan Beach Beautiful Dazzling Smile Creating By Cosmetic Dentist Do Cosmetic Dentists Offer Discounts Or Financing? Dentist Durham Nc | Durham Nc Dentist Achieve Beautiful Look with Cosmetic Dentistry Dental Health Insurance Plans – Certain Important Pointers Telescopic denture-the ideal denture for patients with few remaining teeth Find the Best Cosmetic Dentist in Los Angeles Your Baby and Good Dental Hygiene For Teeth Whitening, Should You Choose Your Dentist Or A Diy Kit?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.143.31) / Processed in 0.012908 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 2741, 964,
Gentling Dental Rochester Mn, Family Dentist, Childrens Dentist