Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » From Cookie Monster to Veggie Monster - Targeting Childhood Obesity
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

From Cookie Monster to Veggie Monster - Targeting Childhood Obesity

From Cookie Monster to Veggie Monster - Targeting Childhood Obesity

Has Sesame Street's Cookie Monster officially turned into the Veggie Monster? Over the years Sesame Street has become a household name bringing fun and learning to kids, particularly in literacy and math. In 2005, however, Sesame Street began educating viewers about other important topics such as health and childhood obesity. The classic kid's television show recently joined forces with various anti-obesity organizations to start teaching viewers (of all ages) about the importance of a healthy diet. Sesame Street producer, Carol-Lynn Parente recognized childhood obesity as a worldwide epidemic and wanted to address the issue publicly.

Sesame Street started its health awareness initiative with the adorable Muppet, Grover. Kids watched Grover getting into the gym and pumping iron, showing viewers the importance of fitness and working out. The next Muppet to take up a healthier diet on Sesame Street was the Cookie Monster. Once famous for his cookie addiction, the Cookie Monster is now portrayed as trading in his sugary treats for healthier foods like fruits and vegetables. That's right! Even Cookie Monster has learned a thing or two regarding healthy eating habits. Cookie Monster still eats cookies, just not nearly as many.

This past November, First Lady, Michelle Obama, appeared on Sesame Street's 40th season kickoff show. During her guest appearence, Mrs. Obama talked about the dangers of childhood obesity and the growing need for our nation's children to lose weight. She also discussed the importance of eating a healthy diet and exercising. The First Lady showed her concern for childhood obesity in saying that, "The statistics are clear and they are shocking and I have cited them again and again: One in three kids in our nation today are (overweight or) obese and that figure increases for African-American and Hispanic children".

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

* 32% of kids aged 2-19 are overweight or obese

點擊在新窗口查看全圖
Share:

* 38% of Hispanic children are overweight or obese

* 36% of Black children are overweight or obese

* 29% of White children are overweight or obese

Childhood obesity is leading to one of our nation's greatest woes. Sesame Street has taken the initiative to help publicize and teach children about the importance of healthy living. This week, Sesame Street took their childhood obesity initiative even further by introducing four new Muppets, known as the "Super foods". The Super food cast consists of a banana, a brick of low-fat cheese, a whole-wheat bun and a stalk of broccoli. All of these initiatives, both big and small, are ways to get our children on the right path to health and healthy eating habits. Let's hope that some of these lessons rub off on parents too!

Anyway, let our children live health is our goal target.

點擊在新窗口查看全圖
Share:
# 2 I recently tried cbd oil for sale for the blue ribbon control and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I start that it significantly helped with my anxiety and slumber issues without any noticeable side effects. The grease was effortless to put to use, with clear dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, vulgar taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a marked improvement in my blanket well-being, instinct more blas‚ and rested. I comprehend the natural approximate to wellness CBD offers and aim to continue using it.   2024-2-19 20:00  reply
# 3 I recently tried CBD gummies from this website cbd gummies sleep for the prime time and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I create that it significantly helped with my desire and sleep issues without any notable side effects. The oil was serene to speak, with definite dosage instructions. It had a kindly, shameless liking that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a decided improvement in my total well-being, feeling more languorous and rested. I cognizant the unstudied approach to wellness CBD offers and procedure to pursue using it.   2024-3-28 21:50  reply
Anxiety Panic Attack Treatment - How To Eliminate Low Teenage Self Esteem In Children 6 Fast Weight Loss Tips For Teens 5 Ways To Spend Time With Your Lovable Children. 5 Interesting Gift Ideas For Teenage Boys 7 Steps To Writing Children's Books Doll Playing Posts Psychological Effects to your Children 4 Practical Tips To Follow When Buying Your Kids' Bunk Beds 7 Easy Party Suggestions For Young children Phoenix Child Custody Lawyer 5 Ways to Encourage and Nurture Imagination in Your children 5 Sure Fire Ways To Teach Your Child To Have A-plus Manners How to Tight Vagina and Loose Vagina Treatment and Tight Teen Vagina Naturally Ideas To Find Great Christmas Gifts For Teenage Girls
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.212.102.174) Bucuresti / Bucharest Processed in 0.015009 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3424, 956,
Bucharest