Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Frequently Asked Questions About Tmj Treatment
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Frequently Asked Questions About Tmj Treatment

Temporomandibular Joint (or TMJ) Syndrome is something with which many people suffer

. Its primary symptom is pain in the sides of the face, where the jawbone is connected to the skull. An increasing number of people seem to be diagnosed with it. Medical professionals are not sure if there is an environmental reason for it, or if it is just a better known syndrome than it was in years past. If you think you may have TMJ Syndrome and need treatment for it, you should consult with a medical professional, but understanding the answers to some frequently answered questions can be a helpful start.

FAQ #1 About TMJ Treatment: How do I know if I need treatment for TMJ Syndrome? Only a dentist can tell you if you have TMJ Syndrome for certain, but there are some symptoms for which you should be looking. Common symptoms include difficulty with chewing, pain in the jaw or neck area, and a clicking sound when chewing. If you have any of these symptoms, you should get a consultation for diagnosis.

FAQ #2 About TMJ Treatment: What could be causing this to happen? If you think you may have TMJ Syndrome, it could be that you are grinding your teeth while you are sleeping. Other causes of TMJ include arthritis and stress.

FAQ #3 About TMJ Treatment: Can my doctor give me a diagnosis? Not usually. A dentist or oral surgeon typically treats pain associated with TMJ Syndrome. Your dentist should be the medical professional you call when you are experiencing a popping sound or jaw pain.

FAQ #4 About TMJ Treatment: Are there natural remedies to treating TMJ? According to most experts in TMJ Syndrome treatment, most natural remedies will not provide any significant treatment. Alternating moist heat with cold compresses can provide some temporary relief, but that is about all that is truly known to work.

FAQ #5 About TMJ Treatment: Is there medicine that relieves TMJ pain? Over the counter pain relievers will help alleviate pain. Some dentists prescribe muscle relaxants, which seems to help patients who typically clench their jaw when sleeping. Low levels of antidepressants have been known to provide some relief as well.

FAQ #6 About TMJ Treatment: Are there any other treatment methods available for TMJ Syndrome? The patients who clench their jaw or grind their teeth at night are good candidates for wearing a night guard while sleeping. The night guard helps to prevent the clenching and grinding and therefore, seems to help many of these patients with TMJ. Some dentists will teach their patients with TMJ how to relax their facial muscles, which does seem to help some people. Other patients, however, require surgery to relieve TMJ pain.

FAQ #7 About TMJ Treatment: If my pain is extremely severe, is surgery my only option? No. Surgery should be the last option, as there can be risk of nerve damage. Make sure you try medication, night guards, and relaxation techniques before you agree to surgery.

by: Michael Dreyer
Baltic Countries Are The Newest Entrants To Europe Find Comfort With Sedation Dentistry The Benefits You Can Get From Austin Cosmetic Dentistry Bring Back Normal Life Through Sensitive Tooth Treatment Teeth Bleaching Methods That Will Transform Those Stained Yellow Chompers Into Dazzling White Pearls Do You Want To Whiten Your Teeth For Less Than The Price Of A Hamburger? Teeth Bleaching Methods That Will Turn Those Stained Yellow Teeth Into White Pearls An Effective Teeth Bleaching Method That Will Turn Those Stained Yellow Teeth I Would Like To Whiten My Teeth For Cheap! Teeth Bleaching Methods That Will Turn Those Stained Yellow Chompers Into Dazzling White Pearls You Can Whiten Your Teeth For Cheap! How You Can Really Whiten Your Teeth How To Get Rid Of Yellow Teeth
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.226.187.24) Tehran / Tehran Processed in 0.012355 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3054, 964,
Frequently Asked Questions About Tmj Treatment Tehran