Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Four Tips For Maximising Fundraising Using Online Sites
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Four Tips For Maximising Fundraising Using Online Sites

Four Tips For Maximising Fundraising Using Online Sites

Here are four fundraising tips for raising money for charity for marathon runners

. The best fundraising pages tell a really good story. Let people know why you're going to the trouble of raising money, and they're much more likely to take the time to donate. I have used these methods when I have run full and half marathons for charity. An online giving page makes your fundraising activities so much easier. I have used online giving many times to help maximise funding. My fundraising activities have been orgainised to help Guide Dogs for the Blind, but the tips and advice in this article are valid for any charity fundraising activity.

1. Personalise your message

The best fundraising pages tell a really good story. Let people know why you're going to the trouble of raising money, and they're much more likely to take the time to donate. For example, if you want to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind, explain why Guide Dogs deserve support and what their donations will buy. For example, 20 will buy a complete grooming kit for a guide dog or 40 will buy a guide dog harness, handle and lead.

2. Add photos and video

Personal photos make your page much more engaging. You could display photos of your training runs. If you are so inclined you could upload a YouTube video. If you have a video of you making an idiot of yourself there is a good chance that your friends and supporters will forward it on to other people.

3. Contact your local media

A few lines in the local paper or an appeal on your local radio station can really help. By going straight to your online giving page, readers and listeners can sponsor you really easily. I thought I might get a small piece in our local free paper by sending an email. It ended up that the same article appeared in the free paper (The Stowmarket Advertiser), morning paper (East Anglian Daily Times) and evening paper (The Evening Star). It even turned up in the Eastern Daily Press which circulates in Norfolk rather than Suffolk.

4. Publicise your page

Make sure you get the benefit of social networking sites. I must admit that I have not joined the 'Facebook' phenomenon, but my wife and each of the kids has. They have promoted my marathon runs on their pages, resulting in donations coming through from people I have not seen for years. Both Just Giving and Virgin Money have Facebook applications that can be put on your Facebook page and on your friends Facebook pages. Make your sponsorship requests viral.

If you have your own website or blog you can put a widget that links back to your online giving page. A widget is like a mini version of your online giving page which you can use to spread the word about your fundraising. For example, the Just Giving widget is made in Just Giving colours and shows how you're progressing towards your target, with a thermometer that moves. You can put it on your personal website or blog, and ask friends and family to put it on theirs. When someone clicks on it, they'll go straight to your online giving page where they can make a donation.

by: Michael Saville
Things to Look Out For When Using Online Coolhandle Coupons Earn Recognition In Online World With Seo India Company The Benefits Of Online Credit/debit Cards Online Dimplesbaby Discount Coupons Your Best Access to the Cheapest Product Online Online Meetings And Web Conferencing: Cost Effective And Time Saving! Web Development India – For A Powerful Presence Online Trade Your Disney Pins Online! Under $1 Items For Sale Online Ways of Buying Perfume Online Buy plants online for a totally different experience Online Credit Card Processing Fast Money Online - 5 Ways To Make It Happen SEO Services for Superior Online Standing
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.164.181) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.005585 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3217, 973,
Four Tips For Maximising Fundraising Using Online Sites Copenhagen