Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Fleet Insurance-don't Let The Snow Destroy Your No Claims Bonus
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Fleet Insurance-don't Let The Snow Destroy Your No Claims Bonus

Now that winter is here and has brought us piles of snow

, I thought it might be useful to tell you about one of the fastest ways to make your fleet insurance policy more expensive - and what you can do to prevent it.

First off, a little story to help you see the moral of anti skid training and the fleet insurance benefits My father used to drive a lot for his work, often in Scandinavian countries. After a few incidents where icy roads nearly caused an accident he decided to go on an anti-skid driving course. Once I had my own license, he insisted that I also go on an anti-skid course. He even paid for it.

So I spent a day throwing my car left and right and sliding, skidding, and roughing it across a race track. Obviously, it was a lot of fun. But the real value of it became clear a few weeks later. I was driving through a forest, down a hill. I took a bend just a little too fast and my car hit the edge of the tarmac and bounced back, veering immediately to the other side of the road. There was nothing for it: I was going to go over the edge, where a fairly deep cliff beckoned.

And then magic happened.

Because I had been so well trained during my one day course, an automatic reaction kicked in: I kicked down on the clutch, spun the wheel around, then all the way to the other side. The car spun around its axis twice, the engine stalled, and when normality came back I found myself gently rolling. I just let the clutch come up, the engine kicked in and while I wiped the sweat off my brow and gripped the steering wheel to stop my hands from trembling, I continued on my way home.

My dad had saved my life.indirectly! I know, it's a dramatic story, but I assure you it is true.

How This Training Can Benefit Your Fleet Insurance and No Claims Bonus

Now, I'm not saying that sending your drivers on an anti-skid driving course is going to save lives. It might or might not, but what really matters is that even small mishaps or accidents in traffic can immediately affect your no-claims rating. Even a cracked bumper can be enough if your driver breaks too late or too fast on a slippery road.

Why is an anti-skid course so effective? Because the driver is trained over and over again to automatically react in a certain way. For example, everybody will know that the worst thing you can do on a slippery road is to slam down hard on the breaks.

Great information, no? Well, you try to react that way when there suddenly is a traffic jam and your tires have no grip! In a panic, an untrained mind will always cause you to break as hard as you can. Proper training teaches you to automatically release and engage the breaks alternatingly in a pumping manner. You'll still be sliding, but at least you'll be in control!

So if you're looking for ways to save money and keep your fleet insurance cost down, why not consider sending your busiest drivers on an anti-skid course?

by: Jackie De Burca
Rangers Fc - Celtic Fc Live Online Stream Scottish Premier Division Hd Tv Coverage What is Indemnity Insurance? Condo Insurance Cover Water Damage? Surrey Flood Restoration Buffalo Bills - Ny Jets Nfl Live Football Week 17 Stream Online Tv Coverage Hd Tv Channels Miami Dolphins - New England Patriots Nfl Live Football Stream Week 17 Online Tv Coverage Hd Channe Minnesota Vikings - Detroit Lions Nfl Live Football Week 17 Stream Online Tv Coverage Preview Get Hassle Free Online Bike/Motorbike Insurance San Diego Chargers - Denver Broncos Nfl Live Online Stream Week17 Tv Coverage 02/01/2011| Hd Chan Basics To Lower The Cost Of Disability Insurance - Part I Tennessee Titans - Indianapolis Colts Nfl Live Football Stream Online Tv Coverage 02/01/2011 Hd Chan Ny Giants Vs Washington Redskins Nfl Live Football Online Stream Week17 Hd Tv Coverage Are You Ready for this Seasons Wildfires? From an Insurance Perspective Pay-as-you-drive Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.202.167) / Processed in 0.011852 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3078, 975,