Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » FIFA 2010 World Cup and African Gods
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

FIFA 2010 World Cup and African Gods

"In vain your bangles cast

charmed circles at my feet

I am Abiku, calling for the firstFIFA 2010 World Cup and African Gods

and repeated time."

Professor Wole Soyinka first Africa Nigerian Nobel award winner in Literature i wrote his famous poem "Abiku" which I read as a student years ago but today I am just wondering if the World Cup on Africa Soil would be taken away by the white men just like our sons and sisters were taken away as Slaves in the medieval century and our gods like the Chineke, Olodumare, Nanabuluku, Osanobuwa, Obatala and Ogun and Amadiora are helpless in a game played on our very soil and nothing can be done to keep the trophy here in Africa.

Africa was strategically represented by six nations in the on going 2010 world Cup but the result as of now is nothing to write home about, as our teams are receiving heavy beatings from foreign nations like the bullets or guns and gun powder used during the time of slavery, when all we had were bows and arrows. Our six member's nations never played as if the honor of Africa was at stake.

Late Ernest Okonkwo, the famousFederal Radio Nigeria commentator said in 1978 Challenge Cup Finals in Lagos when Enugu Rangers FA was received the best beating from Bendel Insurance at a time Henry Ogboe made Emmanuel Okala the best goal keeper in Africa looked like a new comer inside the goal post with his terrific goals; Ernest Okonkwo concluded that Enugu Rangers played like pregnant women.

Today, Africa teams not only played like pregnant women, they played like confused men. They forgot the honor of their continent, they forgot our honor as Black Africans, we were let down and the first goal of South Africa in the opening match that brought joy to whole continent and dancing feet of Desmond Tutu turned outbitter when the reality of everythingwas moving to a stage that Africa may never go beyond the first round now stared us in the face. We did but Ghana last mistake on penalty goal was beyond imagination.

Wole Soyinka further said in the poem of Abiku "

"Must I weep for goats and cowries for palm oil and sprinkled ash?" Can we weep for our gods, must we weep for Africa at a time we should be rejoicing or when can we learn to get it right, with the game of leather on Africa Soil and when will the dreams of winning the elusive World Cup become reality? When and When?FIFA 2010 World Cup and African Gods

Like "Abiku" or "Ogbanje"that come and go Africa Soccer coming has never been sustained. Just when we think we can get it right something comes up to mess it. Years Mathematical Segun Odegbami begged and pleaded to be the Nigeria Football Associated President the same system that prevents the country from having good leaders like Alhaji Rimi, Aminu

Kano, Balarabe Musa , Nuru Ribadu, Gani Fawehimi, Professor Awojobi or Ngozi Iwela from making to presidency, prevented Segun Odegbami from being the NFA President or Chairman,

What a system? A coach who worked his buts out to qualify his nation instead of incentive package for a job well done was suddenly replaced by a white man. Nigerian Coach Shuaib was only paid $850 a month and the White Coach was paid $200k per month or 1.8 million dollars for 6 months and he could not even win his first two matches for Nigeria all he had to show for all the payment was draw with South KoreaDogbenze Lisa has treated me thus. If Africa never prepared for the football turnament on it is continent how can can Africa win when the game has to be played outside Africa.

Abiku or Ogbanje tortured the mothers with deaths and rebirths, in the same way the whole continent is tortured with failures not only on soccer field but in all areas we should strive to excel. Africa we must start today to prepare for the future not only in football but in economic and political emancipation towards egalitarian society or continent
Reo Listings: More Americans Interested In Buying Reo Properties Christmas inside the Eyes of a Youngster Appliances To The Countryside: It Is Necessary To Provide A Temporary Relief Must Icing On The Cake American Revolution Literature You Will Require Albury Accommodation If You Are Traveling To Albury! Book Online Hotels And Holidays Packages Chicago Tourist Attractions You Won't Want To Miss How To Buy Travel Mugs? Golden Triangle With Sun Temple Tour Popular Tour Package To Visit India For Christmas, Choose Christmas Dolls For Gift-Giving Punta Chame The Perfect Holiday Destination For All First Christmas as Newlyweds Cheltenham Festival Tickets For Cheltenham Festival 2011
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.254.138) / Processed in 0.007369 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 3961, 954,