Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Enjoying Your Plane Trip
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Enjoying Your Plane Trip

Enjoying Your Plane Trip

I am pretty convinced that airports can bring out the worst in people

. It seems like everyone is either extremely agitated about one thing or another or they are in a huge hurry. Last weekend, my husband and I took a flight to visit my family and I was really amazed by a family that had obviously thought through their travel plans. Nothing could keep them from having a good time; they were seemingly prepared and excited for their family flight and genuinely happy to be around each other. The children were self-aware and did not get in anyone's way. I was thoroughly impressed and since I have always been a people watcher, I began observing how the mother and father handled their children in the airport. I was very impressed with what I saw and decided to take notes for my future family.

The first thing I observed about this family of five was that they helped each other carry luggage. The mom carried one bag and the baby and I noticed the siblings were helping carry a diaper bag and another small bag with blankets and games in it. It is like my mom always said, "The more you serve, the more you love." This family knew that to make it through the airport check-in, they had to help each other and move quickly, which meant Dad could not physically carry everything by himself. Each family member either carried something of his or her own or someone else's. This was a true example of teaching children to be independent and service-oriented. I believe this helped the young girl and boy, probably ages 7 and 9, to be so well behaved in the Salt Lake City International Airport.

Another important thing I noticed was that the family came prepared not only for their final destination, but also for the wait at their terminal gate. My husband and I actually were on the same flight and therefore waited at gate C4 with them, so I got to observe a little longer. I peaked over the top of my book and watched the organized mother unroll a blanket and have all of her children sit in a circle on it. She opened a little bag of snacks and a card game for her little ones. They sat on that blanket, quietly playing, for nearly two hours. Occasionally, I would hear the children softly giggle and whisper to one another. I think the sound of the children's laughter kept everyone in the waiting area calm.

When it came time to board our plane, I watched the darling family get in line and wait patiently together. No one complained about having to stand in a long line. None of the children reported they needed to use the restroom. They just acted like the grown-ups most adults at the airport forget to act like. They were polite to the attendant who checked their boarding pass and they actually smiled at the people around them. Imagine that, smiling at an airport! By the time I boarded the plane I walked past the children who all had headphones on and I could see the dad fiddling with a laptop trying to get a movie to play that the children could watch. I think that is a genius idea. Not all planes have the drop down TVs that play a movie; bring your own laptop and play a movie as you fly through the air.Enjoying Your Plane Trip

I wish we could all fly like children and not take the miracle of flight for granted. Flying can be an enjoyable experience as long as you do not let the little things affect your day. Sometimes baggage gets lost, you have to sit next to the largest person on the plane, or the baby behind you has a fascination with pulling your hair or crying non-stop. Don't let it get to you! Just remember to bring some snacks and a relaxing game to play or book to read and even a laptop to watch a favorite movie on. Last of all, remember you are flying through the air, faster than you could ever drive to your destination, so look out of the window and absorb it all.

by: C S Lewis
Atlantic City Airport Guide Things You Need To Know Before Traveling To Love Field Airport University Of Dallas (ud) Homecoming Weekend Key West Hotels & Nightlife Key West Wedding Destination Downtown Pittsburgh Group Business Takes Off Pittsburgh Penguins Fans, Hockey Season Has Started Best Hot Springs in Colorado - part 1 Villas Turkey Airport Transport Chair Makes Travel Easier Barbecue Sauce, The American Way Staying Safe On Your Off Road Camping Holiday Quality Patio Furniture Florida Residents Can Appreciate
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.158.202) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.014330 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3897, 954,
Enjoying Your Plane Trip Campo Grande