Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Elton John Talks Royal Wedding Show
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Elton John Talks Royal Wedding Show

Pop music superstar Sir Elton John has indicated he may have a role at the forthcoming royal wedding.

The singer and musician, a close friend of the Prince's late mother Diana, Princess of Wales - did not say "definitely" but that he would "probably" perform.Elton John caught the mood of the world at Diana's funeral in Westminster Cathedral, changing the lyrics of the hit, once dedicated to Marilyn Monroe, Candle In The Wind to reflect her life. The hit tune soon became best selling single in British chart history depicting the nature of the nations sense of loss.

William and his fiancee, Kate Middleton announced their intentions to wed a week ago and have set the date of the wedding at Westminster Abbey to April 29th.Radio 2 disk jockey Steve Wright put it to Sir Elton whether he thought he would be performing at the ceremony. He answered: "I probably am." following it up laughing with: "I'll probably be busking outside."

The multi-hit songwriter superstar, who is also about to take up the position as a guest editor for The Independent daily newspaper, did confirm there would not be much in his calendar around the roy about the royal wedding date. "There's not going to be much about the royal wedding in there, though. Sir Elton is a legend in the pop music industry and has tried his hand at many things including running Watford Football club but editing The Independent and i newspapers is a real challenge he admits will be hard work. The 63-year-old was pleased to accept his post as guest editor at the British papers for World AIDS Day, which was on December 1st.

Sir Elton exclaimed that this is a first for him, it's the first time he's been commissioned to edit a newspaper and, more than that, it the first time he has ever stepped into a newspapers office. It was also the 1st time that he turned on a computer and a first that he told people to hold the front page and paid any attention! I think we've had enough of that for the time being." Sir Elton made reference to the music industry describing it's "mediocrity" as a current characteristic.

The World AIDS Day edition of The Independent will contain contributions from a list of the singer's friends, including Stephen Fry, Bill Clinton and Elizabeth Taylor. He signalled the start of the job by applying artwork to the front cover of both papers by Gary Hume, whom he refers to as one of his heroes. Sir Elton adds that the picture depicts flowers; these are symbolic of something that will flourish before perishing. This is, he says, a powerful statement in regard to the struggle against AIDS.

He stated on the 'Steve Wright in the Afternoon' show: "I just find when you look at music in the late 1960s, early 1970s, during the 1970s and even some of the 1980s, it's so much better than it is now. That's a fact. It's not just me being grumpy, it's just a fact."

Society Wedding Planner, Mark Niemierko said, "It would be fitting to have Sir Elton performing at the wedding. It would have been something Diana would have been happy about."

Copyright (c) 2010 Nick Breeze

by: Nick Breeze
Knowing When To Call A Doctor - Gynecologist Professionals For Women Classic Collezione C2 Pilipinas Map T Shirts Featured At An Online Store From The Philippines Shop Online Branded Shoes For Women In India Another Five Ways to Minimize Your Mountainous Debts Decompressing the Backbone To Reduce Spine Injury Watch Chicago Bulls vs Miami Heat in Live HD Online Glamorous and Magnificent Disney Halloween Costumes Go Au Natural With Your Make Up by:Charlotte Bleasdale Is Lack Of Time Making You Go Crazy In Your Attempt To Plan Your Finance? Information Regarding Psoriasis Treatment Options Real Online Work - Legitimate Opportunities DO Exist! Natural Weight Loss Solutions Get Paid to Put Banner Ads with Money4Banners
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.29.89) / Processed in 0.009814 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3247, 975,