Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Educating the Buyer
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Educating the Buyer

Educating the Buyer

Educating the Buyer

If you want leverage in a sales call...

...quit selling and start assessing.

Salespeople often relinquish the decision making process to the buyer in a sales situation. How? By allowing buyers to operate under the perception that they are making the final decision. That shouldn't be the case.

Instead we, as sellers, ought to be telling prospects what we're looking for in our customers so that the decision to move forward is a joint decision of the buyer and seller. Here's how it works in my business.

I've discovered that my clients and I enjoy our greatest success when my customers are:

Honest - in particular, honest with themselves about what they're good at and where they need help

Confident - people who are confident in their own abilities are more open to new ideas and they make decisions more quickly

Results-oriented - I care less about the magnitude of the results they've gotten than the fact that they have gotten them. My job is to help them get better results.

Action-oriented - If they hear or see something that makes sense to them they're off and running with the idea

At some point in the sales call I'll say "My experience has been that my clients and I enjoy our greatest success when...(I list the four criteria above)." I can't tell you how often I've had prospects ask "Do I qualify?" Talk about changing the dynamics of the sales call!

The prospect learns that they aren't the only ones who are involved in the decision. That I am evaluating them as a prospective client as much as they are evaluating me. That's as it should be; it should be a joint decision.

This approach has the added advantage of creating an exclusivity. People desire the unattainable or, at least, things that are in scarce supply. You create that scarcity by letting buyers know that not everyone qualifies for your offering.

Another interesting aspect of human nature is that we don't like others telling us what we can and can't have. Making prospects qualify to do business with you generates higher levels of interest and excitement about your offerings.

It's counter-intuitive, but the key to closing more sales quickly is letting buyers know that they aren't in control of the decision-making process.
Why You Have to Buy Motor Insurance Which Insurance to Buy for Landlords Verify Paypal Instantly Buy Burberry Outlet- Tolerance Can Not Help With Your Boss, It Pays (and Pays Big) to Be Tactically Five Reasons Why online shopping is the Best - Your Ultimate Online Shopping Guide Unparalleled Buy Burberry Outlet Is pay-as-you-drive for you? Buy Land The Cheap Types Why You Should Buy The LG Cookie Now Payday today: A trustable option in times of crisis Where Can I Buy Clear Skin MAX From? Pounds Till Payday - 100 % Safe & Secure
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.69.1) / Processed in 0.006086 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 2457, 962,
Educating the Buyer